Easy to make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are a healthy dinner that actually hits the spot! Low in carbs, and high in protein, nutrients, and mouthwatering buffalo flavor, these stuffed peppers are sure to be a new staple in your weeknight dinner routine.
Stuffed Green Peppers
Even if you’re not on a low carb diet, you’ll still appreciate these creamy, cheesy, buffalo chicken stuffed peppers! They’ve got everything you love about a good buffalo chicken sandwich, except the bun has been replaced by a vibrant green bell pepper.
The bell pepper isn’t just here for your health, either. The fresh flavors of it perfectly balance the hearty, savory filling that’s baked to perfection within the pepper. Both savory and fresh, these stuffed peppers are the best of both worlds – especially for all the buffalo lovers out there!
Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
- Buffalo: Buffalo’s one of those flavors that just about everybody loves, and these peppers are bursting with that signature spicy kick.
- Cheesy: The cream cheese, blue cheese crumbles, and provolone cheese all come together to make these stuffed peppers supremely cheesy.
- Easy to make: Make the filling, stuff the peppers, and bake. It’s such an easy, healthy weeknight dinner!
These stuffed green peppers might even convince some picky eaters at your table to eat their veggies. It’s hard not to, when that veggie is stuffed with cheesy buffalo chicken!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare the peppers for stuffing.
- Combine the ingredients for the filling.
- Stuff the bell peppers with filling.
- Top with provolone cheese.
- Bake, and enjoy!
- If you have about 15 minutes to spare, whip up some Homemade Buffalo Sauce! If not, Frank’s Buffalo hot sauce works just fine.
- You can cook the chicken yourself, or save some time buy shredding an already cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
You can use another color of bell pepper if you’d prefer. However, I find that the green peppers best compliment the buffalo flavor.
While I tend to use a rotisserie chicken from the store as it’s already cooked and ready to shred, you can also just use some chicken breasts you may have on hand! Prepare them however you’d like and shred them before using in this recipe.
They’re made with buffalo sauce, so there’s certainly a kick to them that might not be super kid-friendly. However, I don’t find them overly spicy.
Green peppers stuffed with a creamy buffalo chicken mixture and topped with bubbly provolone cheese sounds too good to be considered healthy, yet it is! Green bell peppers are rich with all kinds of vitamins.
Stuffed Pepper Make Ahead Instructions
Follow the step by step instructions up to the baking part. If you want to make them ahead of time, keep these stuffed peppers topped with cheese in the baking dish wrapped tight with plastic wrap. Place them in the fridge, where they’ll stay fresh for about 24 hours until you’re ready to bake them. Then, follow the instructions as listed.
How to Store Stuffed Peppers
Store peppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing these stuffed peppers as the texture changes once thawed and reheated.
What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers
There are so many options, as these peppers plate well with tons of different side dishes! To keep things low carb, consider adding a fresh salad or grilled vegetable to your plate.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers Tips
As tempting as it may be to add more buffalo sauce, try to mix in only what’s called for. If you add too much, the filling will be too liquidy in consistency.
Make sure your green bell peppers are nice and fresh! There should be no soft or sunken spots on the peppers, and keep an eye out for discoloration.
Going low carb doesn’t have to mean sacrificing flavor! And even if you eat carbs in your other meals, this easy stuffed recipe will still fit in nicely with your weeknight dinner routine.
After all, there’s never a bad time to enjoy cheesy, creamy, buffalo chicken stuffed peppers for dinner!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 3 green bell peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup Frank’s Buffalo hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 green onions sliced
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and core. Set aside.3 green bell peppers
- In a large bowl, stir the cream cheese until smooth. Add the hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk to thoroughly combine.8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup Frank’s Buffalo hot sauce, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir in the blue cheese and onions. Add the chicken and mix well.½ cup blue cheese crumbles, 6 green onions, 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Fill each bell pepper half with the creamy chicken mixture. Place into the prepared pan. Top each stuffed pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.6 slices provolone cheese
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and has started to brown on top. Serve with freshly chopped green onions and a drizzle of hot sauce.