This simple grilled chicken breast recipe is seriously the best you will try! Coated in spices, it’s so perfectly juicy and charred. Get all my top tips and learn how to grill the most amazing chicken!
Summer is here and that means it’s time to get your grill on! This grilled chicken breast is so wonderfully flavorful and juicy, it simply must make an appearance at your next cookout!
Rubbed in herbs and spices, the breasts a full of flavor and ready to serve in 20 minutes. Serve it alongside your favorite sides like potato salad and grilled corn.
Table of Contents
Why this grilled chicken breast is the best!
- Quick and easy! This chicken takes just 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook. It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal everyone will love!
- It’s so tender and juicy! There’s no dry chicken here! You get wonderfully crispy bits from the grill and the inside is perfectly cooked.
- This chicken recipe is low carb and high in protein. Serve it with a fresh salad, veggies or cauliflower rice for a keto friendly dinner.
How to grill chicken breast
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Prep – Preheat the grill. Combine the spices in a bowl.
- Make – Drizzle oil over the chicken and rub the seasoning all over the breasts.
- Grill – Place the breasts on the grill and cook until cooked through, flipping halfway.
Let the chicken rest!
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving or slicing. This lets the juices redistribute and is key to a juicy chicken breast.
Can you make the chicken ahead of time?
This chicken is best served straight off of the grill, but you can get a head of things by seasoning the chicken. Keep it covered in the fridge for up to a day.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. I like to slice it up and add it to salads for easy lunches.
Can you make this chicken without a grill?
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can cook this chicken in a grill pan on the stovetop. You can also bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400F for around 20 to 25 minutes.
Perfectly Grilled Chicken
Make sure that the chicken is at room temperature before adding it to the grill. This will help it cook more evenly.
More recipe notes and tips
- The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your breasts. The best way to check that the chicken is done is to use an instant read thermometer which should register at 165F.
- Cook the chicken on a medium-high heat. If the grill is too hot, the outside of the chicken will burn and the middle won’t be cooked through.
More Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast with Mango Avocado Salsa
Have you tried this Grilled Chicken Breast recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe (Juicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small dish. Drizzle the olive oil and rub the seasoning over the chicken breasts, coating them entirely.
- Once heated, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes total, flipping halfway through. Before serving, squeeze fresh lime juice over the chicken and finish with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.