Enjoy a spicy and cheesy dish with chopped pieces of chicken when preparing these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. They’re zesty, wholesome, and perfect to eat whenever you’re in the mood for something with a kick!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
If you enjoy restaurant-style quesadillas, try this easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas recipe. With a few ingredients, such as chicken breast, buffalo sauce, and tortillas, you can make the quesadillas at home and serve with your favorite dipping sauces. You can have these quesadillas ready to eat in 30 minutes or less!
Why You’ll Love this Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe:
- Easy ingredient list: It’s an easy meal to make with simple ingredients, including chicken and flour tortillas.
- Versatile recipe: You can make these incredible Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas for lunch, dinner, or even an appetizer.
- Restaurant quality: These quesadillas taste like the kind you get from the restaurant, but they’re even better because they’re made fresh with the ingredients you have at home.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas for an appetizer or lunch
- Grab a saucepan and simmer your hot sauce with butter and garlic in a skillet on the stove.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and then add your chopped chicken breast pieces to the skillet.
- Add in your sauce, salt, pepper, and ranch dressing.
- Spoon the mixture onto your tortilla, top with the cheese, and then fold the tortilla closed.
- Heat your grill pan to medium-high heat, brush your quesadilla with a bit of olive oil, and then place it on the pan.
- Cook until golden on both sides, giving the cheese time to melt inside.
- Serve with sour cream and extra ranch!
What is buffalo sauce?
Buffalo sauce is a spicy, flavorful sauce consisting of traditional hot sauce with vinegar, butter, garlic powder, and a bit of water. The sauce commonly gets served over bone-in and boneless buffalo wings. It’s also great to use on the Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas.
What kind of chicken do I need?
You will need boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into small pieces to make the Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas.
What tortillas work best for quesadillas?
Flour tortillas work best when making quesadillas. You can buy traditional flour tortillas or low-carb options, depending on what you prefer.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use a cast iron skillet if you don’t have a grill pan available.
- If you don’t feel like making buffalo sauce at home, buy buffalo sauce at the store.
- Be sure to serve your quesadillas with dipping sides, including sour cream and ranch dressing.
Enjoy the zesty flavor of homemade Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. They’re easy to assemble and taste delicious as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
More chicken lunch recipes we love
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
For the buffalo sauce:
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine the hot sauce, butter and garlic over medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute, remove from the heat and set aside.1 cup Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce, ½ cup salted butter, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and cook until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the middle. Stir in the salt, pepper, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing. Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto one half of a tortilla. Top with ¼ of the cheese and fold in half.1 lb chicken breasts, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing, 4 large flour tortillas, 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat. Brush with olive oil and place the quesadilla on the grill. Cook until golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 1-2 more minutes. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and more buffalo sauce.2 tbsp olive oil, Sour cream and cilantro
- Instead of a grill pan, you can use a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan.
- You can purchase pre-made Buffalo Wing Sauce in lieu of making your own.