Juicy Baked Chicken Breast sprinkled with a delicious brown sugar and paprika seasoning, then baked until caramelized. It’s simple, fast, healthy and incredibly tasty!
Juiciest Oven Baked Chicken (BEST Seasoning Blend)
Chicken breast is a staple in most households, it can be dressed up, chopped up, used in stews pies and stir fries.
But sometimes the simplest recipes yield the most delicious meals! This Juicy Baked Chicken Breast keeps life simple, but serves up a perfectly seasoned, mouth watering juicy chicken.
Why You’ll Love this Baked Chicken Recipe:
- Juicy: Baked to perfection, keeping the juices, avoid dry chicken every time!
- Delicious: A sweet and spicy coating, made with brown sugar and paprika.
- Easy: No marinading, just a quick coating then pop in the oven!
- Chicken Breasts: Ideally go for organic/free range.
- Brown sugar: Caramelizes on the chicken perfectly.
- Seasoning: Gallic powder, paprika, thyme and rosemary.
- Olive Oil: Extra Virgin.
How to make this Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
In a bowl mix brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary. Then drizzle oil on the chicken breasts.
Place the chicken on a sheet pan and bake for 30 mins.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
What to serve with baked chicken breasts
It’s no secret that chicken is friendly with loads of sides. Here’s some suggestions:
- Steamed Veggies – like Broccoli, green beans, carrots or asparagus.
- Sweet Corn
- BBQ Beans
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Potato and rd onion salad
- Green Salad
How do I know when a chicken breast is done?
The most foolproof way to know when a chicken is done is to insert a well-calibrated instant-read thermometer into the meat near the inner thigh (between the leg and the breast, but make sure you’re not hitting bone).
If the thermometer reads between 160° and 165°, it’s done.
Storing leftover chicken
Store leftovers up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Perfect for meal prepping for the week and for using in a variety of recipes from salads to soups.
In the freezer, store cooled chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 6 months. I recommend wrapping each breast in wax paper before freezing for easy portioning.
More Juicy Chicken Breast Recipes to Try
Baked Chicken Top Tips
- Make sure to let your chicken rest. Resting allows the juices to redistribute through the chicken breast and gives you a tender, juicy piece of meat every time.
- Slice against the grain. This will result in the most tender, easy to chew chicken.
Don’t skip on the olive oil!
Rubbing the chicken with a little olive oil before baking helps add moisture to the chicken and also helps the seasonings stick to the breast.
Other baked chicken recipes
- Baked Lemon Chicken
- Baked Salsa Chicken
- Butter Baked Chicken Recipe
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken Tenders
Have you tried this Juicy Baked Chicken Recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Best Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350F/170C
- In a medium sized bowl add the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary. Mix well
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts. They should be evenly coated
- Add the chicken breasts in the bowl with the spices and sugar. Coat the chicken breasts
- Line a sheet pan with baking paper
- Add the chicken breast on the sheet pan and bake in the oven for 30 or minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked
- Slice chicken breasts and enjoy!