This easy Chicken Florentine Recipe features marinated chicken thighs that are pan seared to perfection and served in a creamy sauce with spinach, parmesan, and more! Ready in just 40 minutes and perfect for both dinner parties and weeknight meals with family.
What’s in Chicken Florentine
This creamy chicken dinner features budget-friendly ingredients that you might already have on hand!
- Chicken Thighs: Boneless chicken thighs are preferred.
- Garlic Cloves: Use fresh garlic for the best flavor, not pre-minced.
- Olive Oil: I recommend using a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Seasonings: You’ll need a medley of paprika, black pepper, salt, and turmeric.
- White Wine: Learn all about the best wines to cook with HERE!
- Heavy Cream: For the creamiest sauce, I don’t recommend using any other dairy product.
- Spinach: Use fresh spinach, not canned or frozen.
- Parmesan: Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor and consistency.
- Green Onions: The BEST garnish for chicken florentine!
PRO TIP: If you want to omit the wine, you can substitute it with chicken broth.
What else can I add?
Feel free to add some mushrooms if you’d like! You can also sprinkle in some Italian seasoning for a more herbaceous flavor.
It’s a simple mixture of white wine, spinach leaves, heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
When you see the word “florentine” used to title a recipe, that means there’s spinach in it! This creamy dish was aptly named for the two key ingredients.
I recommend using a dry white wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc. Remember, cook with a wine that you’d actually drink so you know you’ll like the taste.
How to Store and Reheat
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until warmed through.
I like to serve chicken florentine over pasta so none of that delicious sauce goes to waste! Rice works well for the same reason.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes We Love
- Ranch Chicken and Rice
- Shake and Bake Chicken
- Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Thighs
Chicken Florentine Recipe
- 3-4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ⅓ parmesan cheese grated
- 1 fresh onion stalk
- Create a marinade of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, black pepper, salt, turmeric and sweet paprika
- Place marinade in a ziplock bag
- Add chicken thighs to ziplock bag and place it in the fridge. Let the chicken marinate for two hours
- Cook chicken in a non-stick pan and for 8-10 minutes on each side
- Set chicken aside once cooked through
- Deglaze pan with wine
- Add spinach, heavy cream to pan and cook for five minutes on a medium heat
- Add parmesan and cook for an additional two minutes
- Place chicken back in the pan and let it cook for an additional two minutes
- Chop fresh onion and sprinkle over chicken
- Serve when hot