Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is filled with a delicious broccoli cheese mixture, seared in a skillet and then baked to perfection. Super easy and super scrumptious!
Table of Contents
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Succulent, crispy edged chicken breasts, stuffed with a dreamy, creamy filling of cheddar, cream cheese and broccoli. These Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are literally packed with flavor. Easy to whip up and perfect for a hearty weeknight main.
Why this is so good
- Easy to make. Only 10 mins prep and a handful of simple ingredients needed.
- Perfect Chicken Breasts. A wonderful mix of texture from a quick sear and then bake.
- A Scrumptious Broccoli Cheese Filling. A Melty, creamy cheddar/cream cheese mix.
- Chicken Breasts: Go for large and ideally free range/organic.
- Olive Oil: Divided
- Seasoning: Onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
For the Filling:
- Broccoli: chopped into small pieces.
- Cheese: Cheddar and cream cheese.
- Garlic: Freshly minced for the strongest flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
How to make this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Be sure to scroll to the bottom for the full recipe
Mix the seasoning ingredients, drizzle olive onto the chicken breasts and rub in the seasoning. Then combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Cut a pocket in the chicken breasts and stuff with the filling, then sear the chicken on each side, in a skillet.
Then bake the chicken for around 30 mins, serve and enjoy!
What to serve with Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Serve this easy chicken dinner with a fresh side salad, garlic green beans or some mushroom rice. If you want it even more hearty, you could go for some mashed or roasted potatoes.
For a healthier twist, try some grains like couscous or quinoa.
This Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken is a dish that marries up with a variety of sides!
How to Butterfly a chicken breast
Butterflying chicken breasts for stuffing is all about making a secure pocket for the stuffing rather than cutting the chicken all the way through.
Use a sharp knife to slice each chicken breasts horizontally to form a pocket – be sure not stop cutting about 1/2 inch from the sides and back of the chicken breasts so you aren’t cutting all the way through.
How do you know when the Stuffed Chicken Breast is done?
The best way to avoid eating undercooked chicken would be to test it with a digital food thermometer. The internal temperature of the stuffed chicken breast should be 165*F in order to be sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly and ready.
Make the Perfect Pocket
Don’t cut your chicken breast all the way through, just enough to create a pocket.
- Chop your broccoli florets nice and small so they can all fit inside the chicken.
- Pick large chicken breasts.
- If you don’t have an oven safe skillet, you can sear the chicken in a skillet first, then transfer to an oven safe dish.
Other Cheesy Chicken Recipes
- Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
Have you tried this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Filling:
- 2 cups chopped broccoli smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika in a small dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts. Rub the seasoning mixture on the chicken and coat entirely.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut out a wide pocket in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the filling.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, sear the stuffed chicken breasts on each side, but don’t cook through. You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Place all 4 breasts in the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the chicken breasts are cooked through.