Super crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders are just the ticket for game day! Smothered in a rich and tangy sauce, easy to make and utterly addictive!
Buffalo Chicken Strips
Whether it’s an appetizer, lunch or dinner these buffalo chicken strips will bring a smile to anyone’s face! Who can so no to crispy, tender strips of chicken in spicy and tangy sauce. Serve with blue cheese or ranch and watch them disappear quick!
Why You’ll Love this Buffalo Chicken Recipe:
- Crispy: Dredged in flour and fried in canola oil, these beauties have a delectable crunch!
- Tender: Once you bite through that crunchy coating you’ll encounter moist and juicy chicken – so good!
- Buffalo sauce: The warm buffalo sauce is mixed with butter to make it extra luscious!
These homemade buffalo chicken tenders really hit the spot, the perfect treat for movie night or game day.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Dredge your chicken tenders in flour, egg mixture and flour again.
- Fry your tenders in a large pan until crispy and golden.
- Heat your butter and buffalo sauce in a saucepan.
- Gently toss and coat the tenders in the sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese and ranch dressing.
To make these tenders even spicier, add ⅛ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper to the flour with the other spices.
Absolutely! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the spices to breadcrumbs instead of flour. Dredge the chicken from the egg into the breadcrumbs and lightly spray the tenders with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is 165°F internally. Toss with the sauce before serving
You sure can! Set your air fryer to 400°F. Follow the recipe and lightly spray the tenders with cooking spray. Cook the tenders for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is 165°F internally. Toss with the sauce before serving.
Spicy, tangy, crispy and so easy to make, these buffalo tenders are the ultimate crowd pleaser!
Store leftover Buffalo chicken strips in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, set a wire rack in a baking sheet, place the tenders on the rack, and bake in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until 165°F internally. Toss with warmed sauce.
Freeze Buffalo chicken tenders in a single layer on a baking sheet for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Make It A Meal
Buffalo chicken tenders are great on their own, but they’re also super adaptable for many different meals!
The textures and flavors of these chicken tenders make them utterly addictive! Tangy, spicy, crunchy and juicy – make a big batch as they will be gone in a flash! So simple to make, perfect for an easy weeknight meal or as a party treat. You can fry or bake – they’ll come out crispy and delicious!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ¼ stick
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing optional, for dipping
- Blue cheese crumbles optional, for serving
- Deep Fry Oil Thermometer Optional
- Set out two clean plates. Line one with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and water together.1½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons water
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour, dip them into the egg mixture, then dip them in the flour again, being sure to coat them completely. Use a fork or your fingers to press the flour into the tenders. Set the tenders aside on a plate.2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Pour about 2 inches of oil into a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. The oil should be about 350°F.Canola oil
- Once heated, fry the tenders, a few at a time, in the oil until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to the towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Heat the butter and buffalo sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- Pour the sauce over the tenders and gently toss to coat.
- Serve the tenders with ranch or blue cheese dressing and blue cheese.Ranch dressing, Blue cheese crumbles
- To make these tenders even spicier, add ⅛ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper to the flour with the other spices.
- Use a deep-frying thermometer to check the temperature of the oil.
- The chicken tenders are cooked when they are 165°F internally.
- Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.