Crockpot Italian Chicken is an easy, delicious dinner recipe that calls for just five ingredients! Tender bites of shredded chicken are made creamy and flavorful with Italian dressing seasoning, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and cream cheese. So simple and perfect for a weeknight dinner!
What’s in this Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe
This Crockpot recipe only requires 5 ingredients, making it one of my favorite budget-friendly chicken dinners.
- Chicken Breasts: I like to use free-range organic chicken breasts when I can.
- Italian Dressing Seasoning: If you’re trying to lower the amount of sodium you’re consuming, use 1 Italian dressing packet instead of 2. While the flavor won’t be as intense, it’ll still be delicious!
- Cream of Chicken Soup: This adds flavor and helps with the creamy, thick consistency of the chicken.
- Cream Cheese: For the creamiest consistency, I recommend using regular cream cheese, not low fat cream cheese.
- Chicken Broth: Want the best flavor in all of your recipes? Use my favorite homemade chicken broth!
PRO TIP: Don’t try shredding your chicken directly in the Crockpot. While it’s possible, you’ll lose big pieces of chicken once you start shredding. In a smaller bowl, you can make sure everything is evenly shredded.
How can I add even more flavor?
While the Italian seasonings provide a ton of flavor, I understand that some people need even more of a kick! Try adding minced garlic and a sprinkle of dry oregano to your mixture. As a garnish, fresh parsley is always delicious!
It is condensed! I will always call out in a recipe if you need to mix it with water!
I recommend placing the cooked chicken breasts in a separate bowl to shred them, then return them to the Crockpot once shredded. Use shredders like the ones I have pictured or just two forks.
If your slow cooker’s on the fritz, you can also make this recipe on your stovetop. Just cook the chicken as you normally would, then mix all of the ingredients for the sauce in a large pot. Stir in the chicken when the sauce is ready, and voila!
How to Store and Reheat
In an airtight container in the fridge, this Italian chicken will stay fresh for about 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warmed through.
How to Freeze
If you want to freeze it, that works too! It’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, I recommend putting it back in the Crockpot on the low setting for a few hours. Stir it frequently.
This creamy chicken is best served over rice or cooked noodles of your choice. If you choose to use noodles, I recommend penne or bowtie noodles!
Top Reader Review
- “Made this 3 times so far and the family loves it. Last time I made it, I added egg noodles and extra broth the last hour before serving. So good! Thanks for the recipe.” – A. Maddox
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes We Love
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Crack Chicken
- Crockpot No Peek Chicken
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1.4 ounces Italian dressing seasoning 2 packets
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Place the chicken into the crockpot and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the chicken breasts.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, the cream cheese cubes, and the chicken broth
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and using shredders or forks, shred the chicken breasts before returning back to the crockpot.
- Serve over rice or cooked noodles