Treat yourself to this zesty, delicious Crockpot Italian chicken tonight! Made with just five simple ingredients, you won’t believe how irresistible this creamy chicken dinner is.
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe
There are three words I love above all else – “slow cooker recipe.” There’s really nothing easier than tossing your ingredients into a Crockpot, setting the timer, and letting the slow cooker do all the work for you!
This slow cooked chicken is flavored with decadent cream cheese and mouthwatering Italian dressing seasoning. It’s a delicious weeknight dinner that your whole family will be begging you to make again!
Why You’ll Love this Creamy Italian Chicken Recipe:
- Inexpensive: This Crockpot recipe only requires 5 ingredients, making it one of my favorite budget-friendly chicken dinners.
- Kid Friendly: Even the pickiest eaters in your house will love this creamy Italian chicken. I haven’t met anyone who hasn’t gobbled this stuff up!
- Easy: Like most slow cooker recipes, it’s SO easy to make this incredible dinner. Next time you have a busy day planned, this easy Italian chicken recipe will surely save the day.
How to make Crockpot Italian Chicken
In just a few easy steps, you’ll have a creamy chicken dinner that no one in your house will be able to resist!
- Add the uncooked chicken to the Crockpot before sprinkling with Italian seasoning.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Remove the cooked chicken and shred it before returning it to the creamy sauce.
- Mix it all together.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
How should I serve Crockpot Italian chicken?
This creamy chicken is best served over rice or cooked noodles of your choice. If you choose to use noodles, I recommend penne or bowtie noodles!
As for side dishes, salads and grilled veggies of your choice all work perfectly with this creamy Italian chicken.
How long will it last?
In an airtight container in the fridge, this Italian chicken will stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
If you want to freeze it, that works too! It’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, I recommend putting it back in the Crockpot on the low setting for a few hours. Stir it frequently.
How can I add even more flavor?
While the Italian seasonings provide a ton of flavor, I understand that some people need even more of a kick! Try adding minced garlic and a sprinkle of dry oregano to your mixture.
As a garnish, freshly chopped parsley is always delicious!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Don’t try shredding your chicken directly in the Crockpot. While it’s possible, you’ll lose big pieces of chicken once you start shredding. In a smaller bowl, you can make sure everything is evenly shredded.
- If you’re trying to lower the amount of sodium you’re consuming, use 1 Italian dressing packet instead of 2. While the flavor won’t be as intense, it’ll still be delicious!
- If your slow cooker’s on the fritz, you can also make this recipe on your stovetop. Just cook the chicken as you normally would, then mix all of the ingredients for the sauce in a large pot. Stir in the chicken when the sauce is ready, and voila!
When it comes to slow cooker recipes, this has quickly become one of my go-to weeknight dinner choices. It’s zesty, filling, and something the whole family loves to eat!
Next time you have that Italian craving, skip going to your local Olive Garden! Instead, try this easy, affordable Crockpot recipe.
More Italian Chicken recipes we love
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Margherita Pizza
- Chicken Stuffed Shells with Spinach
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1.4 ounces Italian dressing seasoning 2 packets
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Place the chicken into the crockpot and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the chicken breasts.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, the cream cheese cubes, and the chicken broth
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and using shredders or forks, shred the chicken breasts before returning back to the crockpot.
- Serve over rice or cooked noodles