Life gets boring when you eat the same foods all the time. We all love traditional enchiladas, but these buffalo chicken enchiladas are a great way to spice it up.
Best Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
I love traditional enchiladas, but this recipe really makes my taste buds jump for joy. Not only does it have a little spicy kick of buffalo style hot sauce, but it adds in cream cheese instead of just regular shredded cheese.
The combination of cheeses, hot sauce, chicken, and green chilies makes this recipe one the whole family will enjoy!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Recipe:
- Leftover friendly: We start with cooked chicken for this recipe, but I just throw it in my crock pot during the day so it’s ready to go. Here’s my easy crock pot shredded chicken recipe.
- Unique: Instead of boring enchilada sauce, you use a buffalo sauce mixture to give you the enchilada texture and a unique twist on a boring recipe.
- Full of flavor: The rich and mild flavor of the cream cheese pairs beautifully with the spicy flavor of the buffalo sauce to give your palette a creamy yet spicy taste.
Be sure to try these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas or these Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Then, combine your shredded chicken, cream cheese, 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese, green chiles, and ½ cup of buffalo sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the remaining Buffalo sauce, heavy cream, and butter.
- On each warmed tortilla, spoon ½ cup of the chicken mixture onto it and roll the tortilla up. Place them side by side in your pan.
- Pour your prepared hot sauce mixture all over the rolled tortillas.
- Top your tortillas with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
Is Buffalo Chicken Spicy?
This recipe calls for a buffalo-style hot sauce. Buffalo sauce is really a combination of hot sauce mixed with melted butter or butter flavorings. So, it is a toned down version of hot sauce. It is still spicy, but not as intense as regular hot sauce.
You can get buffalo sauce in 3 levels of spicy: mild, medium, and hot. If you aren’t a fan of food that’s too spicy, choose the mild buffalo sauce.
What Goes with Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas?
With food this good, you may not need any other sides. But, lots of things go great with buffalo chicken enchiladas. Here are a few of my favorite side options:
How do I store leftovers?
You can place any leftover buffalo chicken enchiladas in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for 2-3 days when stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you prefer a little more kick, you can add more buffalo sauce on top of your finished enchiladas.
- To tame the spiciness, serve enchiladas with ranch for dipping or drizzle ranch dressing over the top.
- Place your chicken in the crock pot in the morning so you have shredded chicken ready by the evening to prepare this recipe.
More Chicken Enchilada Recipes to Try:
If you like this deliciously spicy buffalo chicken enchilada recipe, you should try some of these other twists on traditional enchiladas:
- Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas
If you are looking for a unique chicken enchilada recipe, you’ve found it! These buffalo chicken enchiladas combine the spicy flavor of buffalo sauce with the creaminess of cream cheese and chicken. They are a great way to use up leftover chicken!
More spicy chicken recipes we love
- Chicken Poke Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos
- Air Fryer Flamin’ Hot Chicken Tenders
- Green Chicken Chile Casserole
- Chicken Tamale Casserole
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened & cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies drained
- 1 cup Buffalo-style hot sauce plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream room temperature
- 6-10 flour or corn tortillas
- Blue cheese crumbles or ranch dressing for garnish
- Fresh cilantro or green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, 1 ½ cups shredded cheese, green chiles, and ½ cup Buffalo sauce, stirring until well combined. Stir together the butter, remaining Buffalo sauce, and heavy cream in a medium bowl.
- Microwave the tortillas in batches until warm, softened and foldable, about 30 seconds. Keep warm between damp paper towels.
- Spoon ½ cup of the chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and roll up. Place them side by side, seam-side down, in the prepared pan. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese or drizzle the ranch dressing over the enchiladas, then garnish with cilantro or green onions. Serve with more Buffalo sauce, if desired.
Leave a Review