Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are a firm family favorite, and hands down delicious! Super crunchy on the outside and perfectly juicy and tender, kids of all ages love these!
Why We Love This Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
As a busy mom of two, this quick and simple (and healthier) chicken tenders recipe is requested time and time again. Here’s why:
- Easy. With just 5 ingredients, this recipe comes together in no time!
- Healthy. Skip all that high-fat oil and use the air fryer instead.
- Less Mess. No need to worry about oil splatters all over your freshly-cleaned kitchen.
- Seasonings: You can also change up the flavor by adding different seasonings to the breadcrumbs, such as Italian, herbs de Provence, taco seasoning, cajun seasoning, or blackened seasoning.
- Sauces: You could also toss the cooked tenders in a sauce, such as Buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, or teriyaki sauce.
Store leftover air fryer chicken tenders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat leftovers in the air fryer at 375°F for about 4 minutes until warmed through. Add a few extra minutes if reheating from frozen.
Top Reader Review
- “This recipe saved dinner tonight. So it may become a Monday tradition!” – JJ Nunez
More Chicken Tender Recipes We Love
- Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- Baked Chicken Strips
- Pretzel Chicken
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish.2 large eggs
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.1¼ cups Panko breadcrumbs, ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dip each chicken tender in the egg mixture and coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken tenders in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400°F for 8 minutes, flipping the tenders halfway through.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. The chicken tenders should be placed in a single layer, so cook them in two batches if needed.
- Panko breadcrumbs create a super crispy outside layer, but you can use normal breadcrumbs if that’s what you have.
- Check that the internal temperature of the tenders is at least 165°F before serving.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Season the Chicken: Season 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken tenders with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Make a Dredging Station: Whisk 2 large eggs together in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine 1¼ cups of Panko breadcrumbs and ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
Dredge the Chicken: Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs to coat.
Cook the Tenders: Place the chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer with space between them. You may need to cook in batches. Air fry at 400°F for 8 minutes, flipping the tenders halfway through.