Quick and easy to prep, this oven-baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken breast is one delicious and easy weeknight meal. The bacon gets extra crispy whilst the chicken stays nice and juicy. It’s a simple but effective recipe!
What’s in a Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast?
Seasoned chicken breasts are wrapped in bacon and then drizzled with maple syrup. They’re the perfect blend of salty and sweet.
- Maple Syrup: Adds the perfect hint of nutty sweetness.
- Spices: A combination of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper infuses the chicken with flavor, while a bit of chili powder adds just the right amount of spice to the bacon.
- Chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the easiest cut to wrap in bacon. You can use thighs, but they will be more difficult to wrap and will take longer to cook.
- Bacon: Adds a salty-sweet umami kick to this chicken!
Pro Tip: If you are particularly sensitive to heat, you can omit the chili powder or swap it for paprika instead.
Variations on Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
There are quite a few ways you can modify this recipe. You can swap the maple syrup for honey or agave, and you can change the spices to suit your tastes. Try paprika, rosemary, or parsley. You could also use a flavored bacon to change up the taste!
Yes, you absolutely can! Because the bacon is thin, it will cook through even though it is wrapped around the chicken.
It should take about 25-30 minutes for this chicken to cook through. Total cook time may vary based on the size of your chicken breasts.
Bake this chicken uncovered so that the bacon can crisp up!
Chicken is finished cooking when it is 165°F internally. Check your chicken with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part to be sure.
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a skillet set over medium heat or in the microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Freeze this chicken in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Serve this sweet and savory chicken with a side of fluffy mashed potatoes and a light salad (pictured) or with some chicken flavored rice.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside for now.
- In a small dish, combine the maple syrup and chili powder.3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, ½ teaspoon chili powder
- In a separate dish, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.½ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub the dry seasoning over the chicken breasts, coating them entirely.4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast.8 slices bacon
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- Brush each bacon wrapped chicken breast with the maple syrup mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- If desired, broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- If you like your bacon extra crispy, pop the chicken under the broiler for. few minutes once the chicken is cooked through.
- The chili powder adds just a hint of spice to this bacon wrapped chicken. If you are particularly sensitive to heat, you can omit it or swap it for paprika instead.