Green Chile Chicken Casserole is an easy, cheesy, spicy, delicious meal your family will devour! This Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe is thrown together in minutes and then baked to bubbly perfection. Green Chile Chicken is loaded with corn tortillas, rotisserie chicken, black beans, tomatoes, sour cream, and more!
Greene Chile Chicken Casserole Recipe
Summer might be coming, but that doesn’t mean we have to abandon all of our favorite comfort foods.
This green chile chicken casserole gives a fun warm weather twist to those middle of winter casserole recipes we all love. When it comes to dinner it doesn’t get much easier than throwing together a casserole, which is why I love this recipe so much.
Flooded with black beans Mexican cheese, enchilada sauce, and tortillas, this dish really has it all. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself and see!
Chicken Casserole recipes are perfect for busy weeknights because they can be so easy to whip up. The layers of flavors are simple yet incredibly tasty, and you can even serve this with tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer.
What Do I Need For A Green Chile Chicken Casserole?
This Mexican Chicken Casserole only requires a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand, making this recipe even more of a breeze.
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Diced Green Chiles undrained
- Rotel Tomatoes tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Black beans fully drained and rinsed
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- Corn Tortillas
- Rotisserie Chicken shredded and diced
- Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Cilantro for garnish
How To Make A Mexican Chicken Casserole
This delicious green chile chicken casserole comes together in almost no time. Just take 10-15 minutes to prep then let the oven work its magic is easily assembled in layers and takes just about 10-15 minutes of prep.
Preheat oven and grease a 9×13 baking dish or spray with nonstick spray. In a LARGE bowl, stir together the soup, sour cream, heavy cream, green chiles, rotel, enchilada sauce, and black beans. Stir until smooth. Then, carefully stir in the cheese until fully combined and set aside.
Spoon the sauce mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Spread out onto a thin layer. Top with the corn tortillas, making a layer then top the tortillas with half of the shredded chicken. Spoon the remaining sauce mixture over the chicken.
Top with the remaining tortillas, then the rest of the chicken, then the rest of the sauce. Lastly, top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered until fully bubbly and hot.
Tips and Tricks For Stress-Free Casserole Cooking
Add a crunch: For an element of crunch and texture, add a handful of crushed tortilla chips on top before baking.
Not a fan of black beans? Swap them out for pinto beans, or leave them out altogether and spread a layer of refried beans on top of the chicken mixture in the pan.
Swap out the cheese: I love the ease of the premixed Mexican blend, but feel free to experiment with any of your favorite cheeses to make it your own.
Amp up the heat with some diced jalapenos in place of the green chiles.
Freeze some for later: Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just for one this dish is still for you. Casserole are extremely easy to freeze.
While still fresh, cut the casserole into portion sizes, wrap in freezer paper and place into a ziptop bag. Repeat as many time as servings you have to save and use within 4 months.
Perfect Pairings for A Chicken Casserole Recipe
No Mexican dish is complete without a few other Mexican favorites to go with it! Make this week’s dinner a fiesta with the addition of just a few simple sides, apps, desserts and drinks that are sure to make it a meal to remember.
Here are a few of my favorite pairings. Have your own favorite combos? let me know in the comments.
- Creamy Chorizo Cheese Dip
- Mexican Street Corn
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Fried Ice Cream With Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
Check Out Even More Easy Mexican Recipes
I could make Mexican dishes for dinner every night of the week if my family would let me. There’s nothing like all the unique and vibrant flavors that go into each meal.
I know sometimes it can be complicated to recreate some of the traditional and beloved recipes, but it doesn’t have to be. Check out more of my amazing Mexican recipes and be blown away by how easy yet flavorful each one is.
- Mexican Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos
- Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Southwest Chicken Bake
- Chicken Mole
A Mexican Casserole No One Can Resist
Trust me when I say this green chile chicken casserole is life changing. It’s the epitome of comfort food with a Mexican twist that will blow you away.
You’ll savor every bite and already be planning the next time you’ll make it from the moment you first dig in. It’s a fan favorite in my house and I know it will be in yours too.
Green Chile Chicken Casserole RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 10.5 ounces Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 ounces Diced Green Chiles undrained
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 10 ounces Green Enchilada Sauce
- 15 ounces black beans fully drained and rinsed
- 3 cups Mexican Blend Cheese divided
- 12 small Corn Tortillas
- 2 lbs Rotisserie Chicken shredded and diced
- Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a LARGE bowl, stir together the soup, sour cream, heavy cream, green chiles, rotel, enchilada sauce, and black beans. Stir until smooth.
- Carefully stir in 2 cups cheese until fully combined. Set aside.
- Spoon 1 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Spread out onto a thin layer.
- Top with 6 of the corn tortillas, making a layer.
- Top the tortillas with half of the shredded chicken.
- Top chicken with half of the remaining sauce mixture, approximately 2 cups.
- Top with the remaining 6 tortillas, then the rest of the chicken, then the rest of the sauce.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until fully bubbly and hot.