Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are made with crispy tortilla chips topped with seasoned ground chicken, beans, shredded Mexican style cheese and loaded with your favorite nacho toppings. Bake them on a lined baking sheet until the cheese is bubbly for stress free meal the whole family will love!
What is better than nacho night?!? How about nacho night with easy clean up! These Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are baked on a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil making clean up a breeze! They are a great option for either a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love or a fun party idea!
How to Make Sheet Pan Nachos
You start by lining a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. This will make sure that the nachos don’t stick to the baking sheet and also makes for easy clean up! I recommend covering the bottom as well as the sides. Next, spread the tortilla chips evenly on the tray. You will want to use a sturdy tortilla chip that is thick enough to hold up with all the toppings.
Next you will take the chicken mixture you prepared and spoon it evenly on top of the chips. The cheese comes on top of that. Sprinkle the cheese evenly, trying to cover all of the surface area. Top that will the jalapenos and into the oven it goes!
Bake the sheet pan nachos at 400°F for just 6-8 minutes. The chicken is already cooked, so we are really baking them to melt the cheese which helps everything stay together. Once you remove them from the oven you will want to be ready to serve right away! Nobody likes soggy nachos!
What kind of chicken works best for nachos?
When it comes to nachos, ground or shredded chicken work best. You want something that fits easily on top of the chips as well as something that can soak up flavors. In this recipe we are using ground chicken that is seasoned with chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, black pepper and salt.
We then sauté in a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan until it is cooked through. To this mixture we then add 3 kinds of beans – black, pinto and white.
Rotisserie chicken is a great option for nachos, and if you have a crockpot, it’s easy to make your own shredded chicken.
How to Serve Sheet Pan Nachos
What is great about these Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos is that a lot of the toppings are added after the fact. Making them customizable for any picky eaters you may have in your life! Plate the nachos and then let everyone go to town on the toppings. Set out the toppings – shredded lettuce, black olives, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, sour cream, cilantro and lime slices – in small bowls or on a cutting board.
Whether you are serving these Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos as a quick and easy weeknight meal or as a fun addition to a party this method for serving works best!
The Ultimate Chicken Nachos!
Using a sheet pan is a great way to make this classic Mexican party food, because it ensures that the toppings are evenly spread over all of the tortillas. No one likes a plain tortilla chip when eating nachos! Be sure to line your pan with foil and you will have minimal washing up! It’s also a great meal to get the kids to help with!
Top tips for making Mexican Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos
- Be sure to line your sheet pan with foil.
- Use organic / free range chicken.
- Use the freshest ingredients for maximum flavor, and check your spices aren’t stale.
- Perfect for a party – just serve the sheet pan to the table and let everyone tuck in!
Be sure to check out these other delicious Mexican chicken recipes!
- Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salad
- Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
- Blackened Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Chicken Mole Recipe
If you have tried this Mexican chicken sheet pan nacho recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Mexican Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos
- 1 pound ground chicken (or cooked rotisseri chicken, shredded. see note)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup black beans
- ⅓ cup pinto beans
- ⅓ cup white beans
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded mexican style cheese
- 2 tbsp sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup black olives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp red onion sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- fresh cilantro chopped
- lime slices
- Put the ground chicken in a large bowl
- Add the salt, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, cumin and coriander, mix
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet
- Add the chicken, sauté
- While the chicken is cooking, use a wooden spatula to break up the meat, continue to sauté until it is cooked through completely
- Add the black beans, pinto beans and white beans, mix to combine
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Spread the tortilla chips in an even layer on the baking sheet
- Spoon the ground chicken mixture over the chips
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chips and chicken mixture
- Top with the jalapenos
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes
- Serve immediately
- Plate the nachos and top with desired toppings - shredded lettuce, black olives, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, sour cream, cilantro and lime juice