Baked chicken fajitas are the perfect healthy option for a weeknight dinner. This sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe is so quick and easy, it won’t take more than 30 minutes to get dinner on the table. These fajitas are so flavorful, you’ll be making them every chance you get!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
These sheet pan chicken fajitas are easy, healthy, and SO delicious. What more could you want? I just love this baked chicken fajitas recipe!
Chicken breast and vegetables are oven baked and served up on warm tortillas. It only takes about 30 minutes to make these healthy chicken fajitas. It’s the perfect meal for weekly dinners, and it’s SO flavorful.
Why You’ll Love this Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
- Healthy: Chicken and vegetables make a healthy dinner you can feel good about eating any time!
- 30 Minute Meal: All you need is a sheet pan, a few ingredients, and 30 minutes to make this meal. It’s so quick and easy, and requires ZERO stress.
- Flavorful: The Greek yogurt and fajitas season adds so much flavor to the chicken. You don’t have to sacrifice taste for health!
Everyone will love these baked sheet pan chicken fajitas. I chose the perfect ingredients for the healthiest AND most flavorful option. No need to worry about dinner tonight with this recipe!
- Chicken: Use chicken breast cut into strips.
- Vegetables: Add tomatoes, bell peppers (green, yellow, or red are all fine), and onions. I use yellow onions, but red onions are good too.
- Tortillas: I recommend flour tortillas. They have the best texture for holding fajitas ingredients.
- Greek Yogurt: This creamy ingredient coats the chicken to help infuse it with flavor.
- Fajita Seasoning: Use a store-bought spice mix, or make your own with spices like chili and garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or whatever you like.
- Toppings: For toppings or garnish, try quest fresco, cilantro, lime slices, and more.
These baked chicken fajitas are pretty flexible on the ingredients. This is what I used, but don’t feel obligated to follow this precisely. You can use different veggies, seasonings, or whichever tortillas you prefer.
This sheet pan recipe is meant to be a quick and easy dinner, so use what you have!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place veggies on a sheet pan (or in a baking dish).
- Combine the yogurt and fajita seasoning in a bowl, then toss the chicken in it to fully coat it.
- Place the chicken on the pan and bake.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat them in the oven.
- Assemble chicken fajitas and serve. Enjoy!
See? SO quick and easy to make baked chicken fajitas!
I recommend using chicken breast for the healthiest option, or use chicken tenders. But you could also use chicken thighs for something a little richer.
I like to add some Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and cilantro. You could also add sliced jalapeños, pico de Gallo, avocado slices, or anything you like.
It’s easiest to cut chicken breast into small strips, but you could chop it into cubes or shred it if you prefer.
Serve up ingredients for people to assemble as they eat. Grab a tortilla, and place some chicken and veggies in it. Then you can add some extras for toppings.
One pan, a few ingredients, and 30 minutes. That’s all you need to make these healthy baked chicken fajitas! Tender chicken strips with bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and more, all ready to be piled on to tortillas for an easy meal. Easy, baked, healthy, done!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you’re not in a rush, you can coat the chicken in the yogurt mixture, place it in the fridge, and let it marinade for a while to infuse it with more flavor.
- Chop and slice up the ingredients (chicken and veggies) ahead of time to help speed up dinner prep.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat them up in the oven to serve.
- Store leftover chicken fajitas in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Are chicken fajitas healthy?
This sheet pan recipe is mostly just chicken breast and vegetables, oven baked, wrapped up, and served in flour tortillas. So it’s a good place to start if you’re looking for a healthy dinner!
To keep things light, we skip the cheese, but you can top them off with some queso fresco if you like. The Greek yogurt is another healthy little secret. It adds creaminess and flavor, but it’s low in fat and calories. It’s a great sour cream replacement!
What veggies are best for fajitas?
Bell peppers and onions are a must for baked chicken fajitas! They’re easy to slice up in long, thin pieces that fit perfectly in tortillas. Plus they release so much sweet flavor when baked. The tomatoes are super flavorful too!
Can I make baked chicken fajitas ahead of time?
These sheet pan chicken fajitas only take 30 minutes from start to finish, but if you want to make them ahead of time, you can. The veggies and chicken can be baked and stored in the fridge for a few days. Just warm everything up in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
If you want to do just a bit of prep before dinner, slice up the vegetables so they’re ready to throw in the pan later.
Baked chicken fajitas are just so easy, and such a healthy option. This 30 minute sheet pan chicken fajita recipe is something everyone will be excited to see on the table!
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Broccoli
- Balsamic Chicken with Beets and Sweet Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Apple Chicken
- Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Balsamic Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3/4 cup diced roma tomatoes (about a half can)
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 ounce Fajita seasoning
- 8 medium tortillas
- 1 large lime cut in slices for garnish
- Queso Fresco cilantro and greek yogurt for garnish
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together the tomatoes, onion, and peppers and place in the baking dish.3/4 cup diced roma tomatoes, 1/2 yellow onion, 2 bell peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, fajita seasoning, and chopped cilantro. Toss in the chicken and stir until fully coated.1 tablespoon cilantro, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1 ounce Fajita seasoning, 2 chicken breasts
- Place the coated chicken into the baking dish with the vegetables. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked fully and vegetables are fork tender.
- Tip: with about 8 minutes left, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm them. Very tasty!8 medium tortillas
- Serve with warmed tortillas, greek yogurt, cilantro, and Queso Fresco (optional)1 large lime cut in slices, Queso Fresco cilantro