Tuscan Stuffed Chicken is a stunning entree that’s easier to make than you may think! Chicken breasts are seared to golden brown perfection and stuffed with roasted red peppers, provolone cheese and vibrant fresh spinach.
Why we love this Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Recipe
This is a go-to recipe of mine when I’m planning a dinner party. Here’s why I love serving it so much:
- Gorgeous: The red, green, and white ingredients that stuff the chicken look so picturesque against the golden seared chicken.
- Impressive: A stuffed chicken breast always looks so impressive… It’s our little secret that this recipe is actually incredibly easy to make in one pan!
- Flavorful: I always get compliments on how the roasted red peppers, provolone, spinach and seasoned chicken all compliment each other.
Do I need to use toothpicks?
When making stuffed chicken breasts, it’s helpful to use toothpicks to help secure the stuffed pockets. That way all of your delicious ingredients (especially the cheese) don’t escape the chicken.
How to Store and Reheat
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store your Italian stuffed chicken breasts in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat chicken, place it back in the oven until warmed through.
This dish goes well with a whole rainbow of side dishes. You could serve with a potato side, like potato au gratin, or a vegetable side, such as steamed fresh broccoli. Even a side of rice works and pasta is great too.
More Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes We Love
- Stuffed Chicken Marsala
- Balsamic Stuffed Chicken
- Taco Stuffed Chicken
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- Stuffed Chicken Piccata
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
Top Reader Review
“This is simple but delicious dish that my family loves. I’ve made it several times and didn’t change a thing other than a little bit of garlic powder with the Italian seasoning.” – Nick B.
Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Rub chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.4 large chicken breasts, 4 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut out a wide pocket in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with roasted red peppers, 1 slice of cheese, and spinach.1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, 4 slices provolone cheese, 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.4 tablespoons olive oil
- Once heated, sear the stuffed chicken breasts on each side, but don’t cook through. (You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your chicken breasts.)
- Place all 4 breasts in the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken and serve.
How to make Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Breasts Step by Step
Season the chicken: Rub the chicken breasts with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
Cut the pockets: Cut a wide pocket in each of the seasoned breasts. Try not to slice all the way through.
Stuff the chicken: Stuff each chicken breast with an equal amount of roasted red peppers (1 cup), provolone cheese (4 slices), and spinach (1 cup packed).
Sear the chicken: Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on each side, but don’t cook all the way through.
Bake the stuffed chicken: Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes.
Serve with pan sauce: Drizzle the juices from the pan all over the chicken breasts before serving.