This Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Recipe gives you succulent chicken stuffed with gorgeous, cheesy filling. Melty provolone cheese is blended with roasted peppers, fresh spinach and Italian seasoning. It’s a full on, flavor packed, dish!
Table of Contents
Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Tuscan style is rustic but simple. No heavy sauces, just a delicious mix of vegetables, herbs, and olive oils, making the natural flavors stand out. This Stuffed Chicken recipe serves up a hearty main dish, that’s so simple to make.
Why This Stuffed Chicken Recipe Is So Good
- A deliciously hearty meal that doesn’t feel too heavy.
- Simple to prep, you can assemble ahead of time.
- An easy alternative to plain chicken breasts.
- Literally packed with flavor!
- A one pan meal.
- Chicken Breasts – opt for free range/organic if possible.
- Roasted Red Peppers – The jarred kind work well and their flavor cuts through the chicken and cheese perfectly.
- Provolone Cheese – this cheese has a mild and creamy flavor and works so well. You can swap for mozzarella.
How To Make This Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Then cut out a wide pocket in each chicken breast.
Stuff each chicken breast with roasted red peppers, cheese and spinach. Then, in a pan, sear the stuffed chicken breasts on each side, transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 30-40 mins.
A one pan stuffed chicken recipe
When you look at this Tuscan stuffed chicken, you might think it’s difficult. Fresh out of the oven will all those lovely ingredients oozing out, this dish offers quite the presentation points as it does the taste!
No need to tell anyone, but it’s all done in just one pan. cooked on the stovetop too, making it a one-dish meal. Not only is the outside seared but the inside is tender and moist thanks to covering the pan and allowing the flavors and heat to bake to perfection.
What to serve with this stuffed chicken
This dish goes well with a whole rainbow of side dishes. You could serve with a potato side, like potato au gratin, or a vegetable side, such as steamed fresh broccoli.
Even a side of rice works and pasta is great too. If you want to keep the rustic vibe going, serve it up with some crusty bread, so mop up all that overflowing cheesy goodness!
How to stuff your chicken breast
Stuffing chicken breasts is an easy way to add lots of flavor to lean chicken meat. The hardest part is cutting the pocket in the chicken. You don’t want to risk cutting through the other side, but you want to make sure the pocket is plenty big to hold lots of filling so that you get some filling in every bite.
- Use an oven-proof pan for this recipe.
- Try not to overstuff the chicken as you will lose a lot of that filling as it bakes. But by no means don’t be shy!
- Use toothpicks to keep the chicken breasts closed if you need to.
All the flavor
Season the inside of your chicken as well as the outside. This will ensure every bite is full of flavor.
Check out these other delicious mains
Have you tried this Tuscan Stuffed Chicken recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cut out a wide pocket in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with roasted red peppers, 1 slice of cheese, and spinach.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, sear the stuffed chicken breasts on each side, but don’t cook through. You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Place all 4 breasts in the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken and serve.