Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is the perfect Easy Chicken Recipe for impressing guests! They sound fancy and gourmet, but if you can bake a chicken breast you’ve got this one in the bag. This Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe was born out of a dream to stuff a cheese board into a chicken breast! The flavors of Burrata cheese (the queen of all cheeses), salty prosciutto, and tender chicken, makes this a winning recipe.
Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
I love Easy Chicken Recipes, and this Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe is one of my new obsessions! I recently FELL IN LOVE with burrata and its simply a dream when paired with tender oven baked chicken and crispy prosciutto.
This Burrata Stuffed Chicken is sure to please the pickiest of guests at an upscale dinner party, or be the ultimate simple feast for your family on a buys week night. I love the versatility and know you will too!
What is Prosciutto?
Prosciutto translates to “ham” in Italian. Typically its a ham cured by drying and is served in really thin slices. It’s salty, tender, and DELICIOUS! It’s awesome as an addition to any charcuterie board and absolutely delicious in this easy stuffed chicken breast recipe.
What is Burrata?
Stop everything and try burrata RIGHT NOW! Burrata is a semi-soft white Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. It’s so soft and creamy, even spreadable. You will LOVE it. Burrata Stuffed Chicken Breast is my new favorite thing ever!
Other Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes we love:
Stuffed Chicken Breast is an awesome way to cook chicken because all the flavors cook together and you get a little bit of everything in every bite. I’m OBSESSED! Here are some other favorite Stuffed Chicken Recipes we love.
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Enchilada Stuffed Chicken Skillet
- Stuffed Caprese Chicken Sandwiches
- Boursin Chicken Roll Ups
- Baked Mozzarella Chicken Roll Ups
How to Stuff Chicken Breasts
First you will prep your chicken breasts. Step one, pat the chicken breasts dry. Using a sharp knife slice open all of the chicken breasts, be careful to just cut a pocket into the side, center of the breast and don’t cut all the way through. The incision should be about 3-inches wide and 2-inches deep (this will vary depending on the shape of the breast).
Next, in a shallow bowl, whisk 1 egg. In another shallow bowl, mix together bread crumbs, garlic salt, oregano and black pepper. Working 1 chicken breast at a time dip the breast in the egg to coat the entire outside, let the excess drip back into the bowl and then immediately dip the breast into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, place on a clean plate. Repeat with the other breasts.
Now it’s time to stuff! First stuff 2oz of burrata into the chicken breast where you made the incision. Then stuff with 2 slices of prosciutto. It is important that you stuff the cheese in before the prosciutto so the cheese does not ooze out when you bake them.
How to Cook Stuffed Chicken Breasts
With all that goodness on the inside we want to make sure they also taste great on the outside! That is why we will take the time to first brown the outside of the breasts in a frying pan and some oil. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken breasts 2 at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the breadcrumbs turn golden brown. Transfer the breasts to a foil lined baking sheet. Then do the same with the remaining chicken breasts, you will want to add more oil to the pan before adding the breasts.
What to serve with Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
These Prosciutto Burrata Stuffed Chicken Breasts are best served over mashed potatoes. Check out this recipe for Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes! Made with red skinned potatoes, loaded with garlic and parmesan cheese, ready in less than 30 minutes.
That’s our favorite way to serve this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe, but here are some other awesome side dishes if you’re in a pinch!
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Parmesan Potato Wedges
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
- Baked Butternut Squash
- Sauteed Green Beans
Doesn’t this Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Recipe look amazing?! Let me know when you try it, I cannot wait to hear how it goes! I have a strong feeling you and your entire family will LOVE IT!
Other Easy Chicken Recipes we love:
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Lemon Roasted Chicken
- Caprese Chicken
- Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Orange Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts 10 ounces each
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- dash black pepper
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1/4 pound prosciutto (8 thin slices)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel
- Using a sharp knife make an incision in the side of each chicken breast about 3 inches long and 2 inches deep, make sure you do not cut through the chicken breast, it needs to serve as pocket.
- Crack an egg into a shallow bowl and whisk it with a fork
- In another shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, oregano and black pepper
- Working 1 chicken breast at a time, dip first into the egg mixture to coat and then immediately in the breadcrumb mixture, set aside
- Repeat with each chicken breast
- Stuff each chicken breast first with 2oz of burrata and then 2 thin slices of prosciutto
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add chicken breasts, work in 2 batches (2 breasts at a time)
- Brown chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on both sides
- Transfer to foil lined baking sheet
- Add 2 more tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and repeat with the other 2 chicken breasts
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes*, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F
- Remove from oven, let rest 5 minutes
- Serve chicken breasts over Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes (recipe within post)
This recipe was contributed by Laura from Sprinkles and Sea Salt. Thank you Laura! Be sure to check out her awesome site.