Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is a simple recipe that’s healthy (around 400 calories per chicken breast), made in under 30 minutes, and done in just ONE PAN! Chicken stuffed with simple spinach dip is one of our all-time favorite easy chicken recipes.
Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast
This stuffed chicken breast recipe is one of our favorites!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken has quickly become one of my all-time favorite recipes. This easy chicken recipe is stuffed with a mix of sautéed spinach mixed with Boursin cheese, giving it the taste of spinach dip. It made me so excited when planning it because I knew it would be simple, flavorful, CHEESY, easy…all the best things. You only have one pot to clean up and it works like a dream for leftovers. What’s not to love? Let’s dig in.
Tips for Making Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
The hack part of this Easy Chicken Breast Recipe comes in when making the “spinach dip” to stuff inside. I realized that you could pretty much make spinach dip with just 2 ingredients: some Boursin cheese and sautéed spinach (I’d love to try this to make a simple dip sometime). Cheesy, herby, amazing goodness.
Spinach Dip is the perfect compliment to chicken and you can use as little or as much as you’d like. If you buy a pre-made spinach dip it comes with all sorts of additives we don’t need. Making our own with just baby spinach and herbed cream cheese is the way to go!
This is one of the best stuffed chicken breast recipes I have ever tried!
How to Make – Step by Step
If you want to keep this dish relatively healthy (around 400 calories per chicken breast!), you can use just a bit of the Boursin mixture and still have a creamy amazing dinner. You could also make Homemade Boursin Cheese using non-fat cream cheese and have even less calories!
If you want to spoil yourself (and you know this is how I hope you enjoy it) you should really lather it on and let it ooze out while cooking…creating an amazing cheesy buttery sauce at the bottom of the skillet. Serve this bad boy over rice and you’re in business!
Even when using over 1 tablespoon per chicken breast this recipe is still around 400 calories per serving. Winning! Most Stuffed Chicken Recipes aren’t this low in calories! You can feel good about serving this to your family.
One Pan Chicken!
A delicious stuffed chicken recipe–I promise it’s not too good to be true!
I’m a tad obsessed with this one pot meal. If you don’t use all of the “spinach dip” keep the extra in the fridge and use it on anything and everything for the next week! I love mine spread on baked potatoes, used as a dip for crackers, on STEAK …anything. You’re gonna love it!
What is the internal temperature for chicken?
Your chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. On this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe, be sure you are testing the temp of the actual meat, not the spinach dip stuffing.
How long does it take the chicken to cook?
Since you are cutting in half and stuffing with cheese, each side of chicken is relatively thin. This means each side will cook at a shorter time than you might be used to. We found each side took about 3-4 minutes to cook all the way through (ZERO pink) but it’s good to check your internal temperature as referenced above.
What is Boursin Cheese?
Boursin cheese is one of my favorite cheeses ever! It is a garlic and herb cream cheese style spread that can be found in your local grocer’s gourmet cheese section, or usually by the cream cheese. If you haven’t tried it, today is the day!
This is one of the BEST Boursin Stuffed Chicken Recipes we have ever tried.
Try this Stuffed Chicken Tonight!
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast has quickly become one of our favorite chicken breast recipes because it is easy, flavorful, quick, and fool-proof.
Is this recipe too good to be true? NOT AT ALL! I hope you make it today and let me know how you like it!
This recipe is a family favorite because it’s easy, cheesy, and overall pretty good for you! With only 400 calories per chicken breast, no one will be complaining!
Try these other chicken breast recipes:
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Breast
- Romesco Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Skillet
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken
- Prosciutto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 tablespoons canola peanut or olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 5.2 ounce package garlic-herb cheese such as Boursin cheese
- ½ cup dry white wine optional
- Cut about a 3-inch wide pocket into the thick side of each breast almost to the other side, but do not cut all the way through. Season both sides of each breast with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat oil & butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Turn the heat to medium.
- Place the spinach in the skillet and sauté the spinach about 30 seconds, just long enough to wilt but not burn. Dab the spinach on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese and spinach until combined. Stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach/cheese mixture and secure the breasts with toothpicks.
- Place the breasts in the hot skillet and leave for 4 minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown. Carefully turn the breasts over and cook another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low, add wine (if using), cover and cook another 3-5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink in the middle. A meat thermometer should read 160°F when placed in the thickest part of the meat.