When you are craving juicy, fresh chicken, this Tuscan Chicken recipe is worth a try. It does not take long to prepare and is full of flavor!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
When you need a quick meal to make that is different from what you would normally prepare, Tuscan Chicken is worth a try.
The chicken is creamy and delicious because of the ingredients used to prepare it, such as chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. It is full of flavor and tastes great when served with pasta.
The Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe is, by far, a delicious Italian meal that you can make in no time and serve to your loved ones. It contains boneless, skinless chicken breasts with other fresh and flavorful ingredients, including baby spinach and cherry tomatoes.
If you enjoy chicken, along with spinach and tomatoes, this recipe will become a huge hit in your household.
Why You’ll Love this Tuscan Chicken Skillet:
- Fresh ingredients: You will make this meal from scratch using a variety of wholesome, tasty ingredients that pair perfectly together.
- Under an hour: This makes it the perfect meal to prepare when you are pressed for time and still want something delicious to eat.
- Simple: If you enjoy cooking, you will find that this Tuscan chicken is easy to make.
How to make Tuscan Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season your chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook the chicken breasts in your skillet for 8 minutes per side.
- Cook the butter and chicken broth over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Whisk in flour and stir until thickened.
- Add onion and garlic to the sauce.
- Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, and lemon juice cooking for another minute until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and add the chicken back into the skillet.
What Type of Chicken Do You Need?
It is best to use chicken breasts when preparing this recipe. However, you can use chicken thighs. If you do use chicken thighs, be sure to use the boneless, skinless thighs.
How Do You Thicken the Sauce?
If you need to thicken the sauce, add a bit more flour to it. The flour will help you get it to the perfect consistency so that the sauce is not too thin.
Why Is It Called Tuscan Chicken?
It is believed that this recipe is referred to as Tuscan Chicken because recipes with similar ingredients originated in Tuscany many years ago.
When you hear of Tuscan-inspired food, you typically will think of tomatoes, spinach, and heavy cream, which are the three primary ingredients used to make this meal.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Be sure to whisk your flour continuously to keep your sauce thick.
- Use juice from a fresh lemon instead of using lemon juice from a bottle.
- You can serve this dish over white rice or different types of pasta, such as spaghetti or penne.
Tuscan chicken is a delicious skillet dinner that everyone will love. The chicken comes out tender and is covered in a creamy sauce with tomatoes and spinach. All you need is some pasta and this easy chicken recipe is complete!
More Italian chicken recipes we love
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Italian Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Primavera
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts then season with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook chicken 8 minutes per side.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter and chicken broth, cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Whisk in flour. Sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add onion and garlic and cook one minute. Then add spinach, cherry tomatoes and lemon juice, cook one more minute while the spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Add chicken and reduce the temperature to low. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or by itself!
- You could substitute chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Continually whisk flour as the sauce thickens.
- The lemon juice added with the spinach not only enhances the flavor but it helps your body absorb that OH SO GOOD for you iron in the spinach.