Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast is the BEST Stuffed Chicken Recipe we have ever made! Tender chicken loaded with two types of cheese (goat cheese and mozzarella) and asparagus just can’t be beat. The flavor is out of this world! Chicken and Asparagus for the win.
Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Who loves dinners that include minimal cleanup?? I know I do!
This cheesy asparagus stuffed chicken breast recipe weeknight dinner dream come true! Its prepared with just a few ingredients, is filled with cream cheese and fresh asparagus, and only needs ONE pan!
It really doesn’t get much better than that! Oh, wait, yes it does, because you can also have this recipe done in under an hour, and its bursting with flavor the whole family will love. So, you pretty much have no reason not to make this recipe tonight!
How To Stuff Chicken
Stuffing chicken can seem like a task above the skill level of any beginners, but I assure you it’s easy as can be.
For this recipe, you’ll just season both each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste and then garlic powder and paprika. Then cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Be careful not to cut all the way through. You’re just making a place to put the cheese and asparagus.
Spread the goat cheese into the inside of each chicken breast pocket and top with a few stalks of asparagus, then top with the mozzarella. lastly, secure each chicken breast closed with 3 toothpicks, taking care that they’re as flat as possible so that the chicken will sear fully.
Pro Tips For An Making Dinner A Stress-Free Experience
- Thaw your chicken early: If you’re using frozen chicken, it’s best to let the chicken thaw overnight in the refrigerator. So, if you aren’t using fresh chicken, you will want to remember to take your chicken out before you go to bed the night before. I don’t suggest thawing chicken in the microwave because it will likely cook some of it, leaving you with dry rubbery chicken.
- Prep the asparagus: Don’t forget to trim your asparagus before you use them for the recipe. You will want to cut off the hard white ends at the bottom of each piece.
- Make sure your skillet is oven safe: For this recipe, we will start on the stove, then move to the oven, so you’ll want to have an oven-safe skillet, like a cast iron skillet. Not all skillets are oven safe, so make sure you know yours is before you just plop it in the oven.
- Use a meat thermometer: It can sometimes be hard to tell if the chicken is really cooked all the way through, the best way to check without having to pull it out and cut in, is to use a meat thermometer and check to see if the meat has reached a temperature of at least 160 degrees
Make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken At Your Dinner Party
This elegant chicken and asparagus recipe is perfect for a weekend dinner party with your friends. It’s simple, only takes a few ingredients, and will have your guests thinking you’re a pro in the kitchen.
Just pair it with a few other dinner party essentials and you’ll be the hostess with the mostess for sure.
What To Do With Stuffed Chicken Breast Leftovers
In my opinion, chicken makes the best leftovers. Whenever I make this asparagus stuffed chicken I love to make a little extra so I have a few leftovers to get creative with.
One of my favorite ways to repurpose asparagus chicken leftovers is to chop it up and throw it into a salad. It’s a great way to add a little protein to my lunch without having to cook up something new.
Another great go to is to chop up the chicken and make it into a wrap. Just grab your favorite tortilla, some lettuce, dressing, and any other toppings and you have an amazing lunch creation in minutes.
You Can Never Have Enough Cheesy Chicken
When it comes to making dinner, I like by the words “if you can add cheese, do it”. Cheese just makes so many dishes better. So if you’re like me and love a good cheesy recipe, be sure to check out the rest of my cheesy chicken recipes!
Here are a few that I know you’ll love:
Step Up Your Dinners
This recipe is the perfect mix of elegant and simple. You’ll feel like you’re dining in a fancy restaurant as you dive in, without any of the hassles that typically come with a sophisticated dish.
There’s no time like now to see for yourself how easy this recipe is, so print out that recipe card and get cooking! I can’t wait for you to try it.
Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 16 stalks asparagus firm ends cut off
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season both each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste, and then garlic powder and paprika.
- Cut each chicken breast in half length wise. Be careful not to cut all the way through. You're just making a place to put the cheese and asparagus.
- Spread 1 tablespoon goat cheese into the inside of each chicken breast pocket.
- Top with 4 stalks asparagus (sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper), and then top with the mozzarella. You might need to fold the mozzarella to make sure not too much is sticking out (it will stick to the pan if so).
- Secure each chicken breast closed with 3 toothpicks, taking care that they're as flat as possible so that the chicken will sear fully.
- Heat a large (oven safe) skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and coat the pan. Watch for it to start to glisten. Once glistening, stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Sear the chicken breasts 3-4 minutes per side, being careful to move them around in the oil so they don't burn, stick. Flip carefully.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temp on the chicken reaches 165F.
- Serve and enjoy!