Cheesy Garlic Stuffed Chicken is soon to be your new favorite weeknight dinner! Chicken breasts are stuffed with both parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and fresh garlic, along with plenty of other flavorful additions. It’s SO easy to make and will satisfy everyone at the dinner table!
Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
When it comes to delicious chicken dinners, it’s pretty hard to beat a stuffed chicken breast. Tender white meat chicken is seared on the outside so it’s a beautiful golden brown color, and baked to perfection so it’s still juicy and not dried out.
The filling inside the chicken is what really steals the show here! These chicken breasts are chock-full of Italian cheeses, seasonings, and plenty of fresh garlic. Yes – your breath won’t be very kiss-able after eating this garlicky chicken, but that just means it was a delicious dinner!
Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe:
- Picky Eater Approved: You won’t have to worry about your little one not liking this dinner. It’s cheesy chicken, after all – who doesn’t love that?!
- Easy: Yes! This entree comes together in just under an hour with extremely easy to follow steps and simple ingredients.
- Filling: Nothing quite hits the spot like a whole chicken breast, especially when it’s stuffed with gooey cheese. You won’t still be hungry after eating this for dinner!
Stuff it, bake it, enjoy it. This easy dinner is a weeknight dream come true!
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Stuffed Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the garlic, cheeses, butter, and Italian seasoning.
- Create a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Stuff the chicken breasts and secure them with toothpicks.
- Create a breading station with 3 bowls.
- Dredge the chicken breasts, then sear them.
- Bake the chicken.
- Let the chicken breasts rest for about 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Use average sized chicken breasts, which are usually around 6 oz. each.
For your safety, always check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. The thickest part of the chicken should be at 165°F before you remove it from the oven.
If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can also bake the chicken in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
Not sure that to serve with this cheesy garlic stuffed chicken? Here are a few of my favorite go-to side dishes when serving this entree!
With a dish as simple as cheesy garlic stuffed chicken, any of these side dishes (and so many more) will plate perfectly with it!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Don’t forget to secure the chicken breasts with toothpicks! If you skip out on the toothpicks, the cheese will all melt out.
- Don’t over-stuff the chicken. If you breasts are under 6 oz., that’s okay! Just use a little less filling and bake for a shorter amount of time, until you reach 165°F.
- Searing the chicken is so important, so don’t rush it. The golden brown coloration it gets is not just for appearance, but also for flavor.
Don’t worry… You can measure the fresh garlic with your heart. I tend to throw an extra clove in the mix from time to time!
Can I use any kind of cheese in the filling?
Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses both create that delicious Italian flavor we’re going for here. However, you could also use a little burrata or pecorino in the mix, too.
How can I add a little spice to this stuffed chicken recipe?
The answer is quite simple. Crushed red pepper flakes, baby! A sprinkle (or more) of crushed red pepper flakes will add spice to your filling. Just be careful, because once you stir it in, you can’t get it out. Only add more than a teaspoon or two if you want it very spicy.
If you’re a fan of Italian flavors but you’re sick of the usual chicken dinners, shake things up by baking these super simple stuffed chicken breasts. They’ve got mouthwatering Italian flavors from the seasonings, garlic, and gooey cheeses!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Cheesy Garlic Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, mozzarella, ¼ cup parmesan, butter, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning until well mixed.4 cloves garlic, ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese, ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Cut about a 3-inch wide pocket into the thick side of each chicken breast (almost to the other side, but do not cut all the way through).4 chicken breasts
- Stuff ¼ of the cheese filling into each chicken breast and secure it with toothpicks. Set aside.
- Get out 3 shallow bowls for the breading station. In one bowl, mix the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the eggs in the second bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs, ¼ cup parmesan, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper together in the third.1 cup all-purpose flour, 3 eggs, 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs, Salt and pepper
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.Oil
- Dip each side of the chicken in the flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken in the hot skillet and repeat until each chicken breast is breaded and cooking.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is 165°F at the thickest point.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, and serve.
- Chicken: Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, you may need to sear the breasts in batches. They’ll shrink as they cook, so you should be able to fit them all in the skillet for baking.