This easy and healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is the best in comfort food! This creamy white chili is packed full of Mexican flavors and is great for meal prep. Made with shredded chicken, this mild chili will be a hit with the whole family!
I love slow cooker and crockpot recipes, dump all of the ingredients in in the morning, and then a little prep before you are ready to serve! Cooking doesn’t get much easier than this! This white chicken chili is total, unadulterated comfort food as it’s finest, and I guarantee you won’t find a better recipe!
Table of Contents
How to make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and top with 2 cans of beans (reserve 1 for lateand remaining chili ingredients.
Stir to combine and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
When finished cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred, then add back to the chili.
Remove 1 cup of broth from the chili and place in a blender with the remaining can of beans.
Add shredded chicken and bean slurry to chili and cook on high 15 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings.
Healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This dish is a great option for a healthy weeknight meal that the whole family will love! This recipe makes enough for 8 servings and each bowl is less than 300 calories! Packed full of white beans for fiber, protein and B vitamins, along with corn and chicken breast, this is a great well balanced meal.
Does chili freeze well?
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is such a great option for meal prep and make ahead dinners and lunches. The chili freezes really well, you just have to make sure that it is fully defrosted before reheating it. It will also last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. The beauty with chili is that the flavors really develop after a couple of days, so you will be able to serve up a super tasty dish with zero effort!
What should I serve white chili with?
All good chilis deserve a variety of toppings and side dishes! My favorites are:
- sour cream
- fresh jalapeno slices
- lime wedges
- corn on the cob
- fresh cilantro
- avocado slices
Top tips for making Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Use free range / organic chicken breasts where possible.
- I used canned corn in this recipe, but you can also use fresh or frozen.
- Use a low sodium chicken broth if you can.
- This can be served as a hearty soup or with rice as a main meal.
Other Chicken Soups and Chilis we LOVE!
- Spicy Mexican Chicken Soup
- Creamy White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- Creamy Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Homemade Chicken Broth
Be sure to check out these other tasty chicken breast recipes!
If you have tried this chicken taco salad slow cooker white chicken chili recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 3 chicken breasts about 1 ½ lbs
- 3 cans white beans separated, drained and rinsed(I used Cannellini Beans and Great Northern Beans)
- 4 cups chicken broth 32 ounces
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 can corn
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and top with 2 cans of beans (reserve 1 for lateand remaining chili ingredients.
- Stir to combine and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When finished cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred, then add back to the chili.
- Remove 1 cup of broth from the chili and place in a blender with the remaining can of beans.
- Add shredded chicken and bean slurry to chili and cook on high 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.