Buffalo Chicken Salad loaded with avocado, cherry tomatoes, lettuce as well as tender and delicious buffalo chicken! Easy to make and topped with tangy blue cheese. What’s not to love!
This Buffalo Chicken Salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and the best part is you can have all the ingredients prepped ahead of time so it can come together in a flash! Fresh, bright and bursting with flavor. Salads don’t get much tastier than this.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
To make the sauce, just add all the sauce ingredients into a heavy bottomed pan, with some butter. Whisk over a medium heat.
Buffalo Chicken Salad – An Easy Make Ahead Meal
This buffalo chicken salad is fresh and hearty, plus it’s so simple to whip up! You can prep the salad ahead of time, then all you have to do is bake the chicken for 20 mins and voila, you have yourself a delicious and filling meal.
You can even prep the chicken beforehand, set them aside and just add to the salad when you’re ready to eat. I would recommend cutting the avocado near serving.
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
This buffalo sauce is tangy, spicy perfection. Aside from its deliciousness, the best part is, it’s SO easy! All you do is dump and blend.
This buffalo chicken is super juicy, flavorful and is brushed with this buffalo sauce glaze, so you can control the heat. More glaze, more heat, less glaze, less heat.
What Goes With This Buffalo Chicken Salad?
This salad can be a meal on its own, but you can totally level up with some sides, why not! Here are some ideas:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Pull Apart Bread
- Garlic Cheese Bread Roll Ups
- Easy Ranch Dip Biscuits
Top Tips For Buffalo Chicken Salad
- You can use a rotisserie chicken and toss it with some of the buffalo marinade to taste.
- Add/swap any ingredients for your favorite veggies.
- Control the heat by the amount of glaze you brush on the chicken after it is cooked, more glaze, more heat, less glaze, less heat.
- You can make your chicken and store in an airtight container, chop all your veggies ahead of time and store in air-tight containers in your refrigerator so all that’s left is to add your avocados.
Check Out These Other Delicious Chicken Salad Recipes
- Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Mexican Street corn Chicken Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
If you have tried this Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
For Buffalo Sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 tsp white distilled vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
For Assembling Salad
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Buffalo Chicken
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup celery chopped small
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thin
- 1 whole avocado pitted and sliced thin
- ½ cup ranch dressing
For Buffalo Sauce
- Add the butter to a small, heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat
- Once butter is melted add the remaining sauce ingredients, whisk
- Remove from heat, set aside
For the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pat chicken breasts dry and lay on a baking sheet
- Brush the chicken with ½ of the buffalo sauce
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is done inside (reaches internal temperature of 165°F
- Remove chicken from oven
- When it is cool enough to handle, slice into 1” strips
- Add chicken strips to a bowl, toss with the remaining buffalo sauce
- Put in refrigerator to cool at least 10 minutes
To assemble the Salad
- Divide the lettuce up into 4 large salad bowls
- Top each with ¼ of the buffalo chicken strips
- Divide the tomatoes, celery, red onion, avocado and blue cheese evenly between the bowls
- Drizzle with ranch dressing
- Toss everything together in a large salad bowl and serve from there