These BBQ Chicken Nachos are the perfect appetizer for game day! Baked in the oven on a sheet pan, they are quick to make and perfect for serving a crowd.
When it comes to game day food to serve a crowd, you really can’t go wrong with nachos. These nachos are extra special as they are topped with a delicious BBQ chicken and they are so easy to make!
How To Make BBQ Chicken Nachos
In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken and the barbecue sauce.
Layer the chips on a baking sheet and then layer on the chicken, beans, corn and cheese. Bake in a preheated oven.
To serve, sprinkle the nachos with cilantro, fresh jalapenos and drizzle a little BBQ sauce over the top.
Sheet pan chicken nachos are so quick and easy to make!
When it comes to entertaining, I’m always a fan of quick dishes that you can serve a crowd with ease. These nachos are ready to eat in just 20 minutes! They are perfect just as they are, or you can serve them with additional dips like guacamole and salsa.
Can you make BBQ chicken nachos ahead of time?
These nachos are best eaten warm and straight out of the oven. You can make the BBQ chicken ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge for a couple of days. You don’t want to build the dish too far ahead of time as you can risk the nachos getting soggy.
However, if you do have leftovers, they can be kept covered in the fridge and reheated in the oven the next day.
Why make nachos on a sheet pan?
For me, making nachos on a sheet pan is the only way to do it! It means that you can evenly layer all of the toppings so that every bite is loaded with flavor. The nachos and the toppings will cook more evenly too, to ensure that all of that cheese is beautifully melted and gooey!
Top Tips To Make BBQ Chicken Nachos
- For the shredded chicken, you can use pre packaged, rotisserie or oven bake or pressure cook some raw breasts and shred them.
- Spread the nachos and toppings out as evenly as you can so that every bite is loaded!
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe.
- Cook the nachos in a pre heated oven for the best results and serve immediately.
For more chicken appetizer recipes:
- Extra Crispy Baked Chicken Fingers Recipe
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese
- Garlic and Herb Baked Chicken Wings
If you have tried this BBQ chicken nachos recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda mozzarella, or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Ranch dressing
- Chopped jalapeno peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Create a base layer of chips on a baking sheet.
- Layer on the chicken, onion, black beans, corn, and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish topping the nachos with cilantro and chopped jalapeño peppers. Drizzle ranch dressing and extra barbecue sauce over the top.