This butter baked chicken recipe is simple and easy to make and so packed full of flavor. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal but fancy enough to serve to guests. Creamy, indulgent and oh so tasty!
I love baked chicken recipes, they require minimal prep and then hands off cooking, and if done properly, the chicken is juicy and succulent, just like in this recipe! I can’t wait for you guys to try this!
How to Make Butter Baked chicken
Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly grease Baking Dish.
Dip Chicken Breasts into water.
Coat with mixture of flour & seasonings.
Place Chicken Breasts into the pan.
Cut butter into small squares and sprinkle over chicken.
Cook for 15 minutes.
Combine dry milk powder & hot water in a bowl. Pour milk around chicken.
Cover with aluminum foil and return to oven.
Bake at 350F for 30-40 more minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F.
What is in this butter baked chicken recipe?
You just need a handful of store bought ingredients to make this tasty chicken dinner!
- salt and pepper
- herbs de Provence
- dry milk powder
- chicken breasts
That’s it! Creating a delicious meal that the whole family will love doesn’t need a tonne of fancy ingredients!
How do you know when the chicken is cooked?
The butter baked chicken will take about 30 to 40 minutes to cook. When it is ready the top will have turned golden brown. If you have a food thermometer it should read 165F in the largest part of the chicken breast. You can also pierce the chicken with a fork, if the juices run clear it is ready.
What do you serve with butter baked chicken?
This is a really versatile dish and it’s easy to turn it into a well balanced meal. I like to serve with steamed or roasted veggies like green beans, carrots or broccoli and a potato side dish is always a great option! The sauce is rich and flavorful but not overpowering so it’s easy to pair with most sides.
Top Tips to Make This Butter Baked chicken Recipe
- Use free run / organic chicken breasts that haven’t been raised on antibiotics.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- Be sure to cover the chicken with foil once the milk is added so the tops don’t burn.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.
Be sure to check out these other easy chicken dinner recipes!
- Herb Chicken with Spring Vegetables (Sheet Pan Meal)
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Skillet
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken
If you have tried this butter baked chicken, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Butter Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon herbs of provance
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry Milk Powder
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease Baking Dish.
- Dip Chicken Breasts into water.
- Coat with mixture of flour & seasonings.
- Place Chicken Breasts into the pan.
- Cut butter into small squares and sprinkle over chicken.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine dry milk powder & hot water in a bowl. Pour milk around chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and return to oven.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 more minutes or until internal temp reaches 165Enjoy!
Leave a Review