This BBQ chicken salad is a great low calorie easy family meal. Ready in just twenty minutes it’s packed full of healthy ingredients for a hearty and simple main dish.
If you’re looking for an easy family weeknight meal that’s healthy, tasty and simple to make you are in the right place! This hearty salad is perfect for when you need dinner in a hurry!
Table of Contents
How to Make This BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
Cook the chicken: Rub the olive oil and seasoning over the chicken. Cook the chicken in a skillet on the stove or on the grill, about 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
Prepare the salad: Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Arrange the chicken, black beans, tomato, corn, red onion, cheese, avocado, and tortilla strips on top. Drizzle the BBQ sauce and ranch dressing over the top. Top with chopped cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Is this BBQ Chicken Salad Healthy?
This is a really hearty salad that’s packed full of healthy ingredients! There’s tonnes of fresh veggies for a good helping of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and a healthy helping for fiber and protein from the chicken and beans. This is a really great well balanced meal that even the pickiest of eaters will love!
A Great Make Ahead Meal Prep Recipe
This BBQ Chicken Salad is a great weeknight meal, but you can also make the elements ahead of time for easy lunches in the week. You can cook the chicken and keep it covered in the fridge for three to four days. Prep the salad ingredients separately and keep in an airtight container. You can then make the salads up and add the dressing for an easy to grab working lunch.
Quick and Easy Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
I love that it only takes twenty minutes to but this tasty meal together! It only takes about 10 minutes to grill the chicken or to cook it in a skillet on the stovetop. If you prefer, you can oven bake the chicken breast, but it will take longer, around twenty five minutes. It’s a great option though if you want to be hands off and get on with other things!
Top Tips for Making This BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- Use the freshest ingredients for maximum flavor, and preferable organic.
- You can use fresh, frozen or canned corn in this recipe.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce and ranch dressing.
Be sure to check out these other healthy chicken recipes!
- Baked Chicken Fajitas (Healthy Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe)
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Chicken Avocado Pita Sandwich
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- Mango Chicken Salad
If you have tried this BBQ chicken salad, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon BBQ rub or all purpose seasoning
- 6-7 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup corn off the cob, canned, or frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Chopped Cilantro optional
- Cook the chicken: Rub the olive oil and seasoning over the chicken. Cook the chicken in a skillet on the stove or on the grill, about 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Prepare the salad: Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Arrange the chicken, black beans, tomato, corn, red onion, cheese, avocado, and tortilla strips on top. Drizzle the BBQ sauce and ranch dressing over the top. Top with chopped cilantro if desired. Enjoy!