Crockpot BBQ Chicken Meatballs are the perfect party appetizer. Slow cooked with BBQ sauce, these tender and flavorful chicken meatballs are always a hit!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Meatballs
Grab your toothpicks because it’s time to party with slow cooker BBQ chicken meatballs! Toss these baked homemade meatballs with your favorite BBQ sauce for the ultimate appetizer.
Tender and flavorful on their own, these chicken meatballs are even better in BBQ sauce. Made with ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, spices, and more, there is so much to love about this simple meatball recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Meatballs Recipe:
- EASY: Like all crockpot recipes, these chicken meatballs come together with just a few simple steps.
- FLAVORFUL: Anything with BBQ sauce is always a hit and these BBQ chicken meatballs are no exception. They disappear quickly!
- HOMEMADE: No frozen meatballs here. These chicken meatballs are made completely from scratch.
Make these crockpot chicken meatballs for your next party!
How to Make Crockpot BBQ Chicken Meatballs
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs.
- Transfer the meatballs to a crockpot.
- Top with BBQ sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 hours on low.
Yes! While Panko bread crumbs are my favorite in this easy meatball recipe, replace them with your favorite kind of bread crumbs or whatever you have on hand.
Use gluten free bread crumbs and make sure the BBQ sauce and mustard are certified gluten free.
Use your favorite kind of store-bought or homemade BBQ sauce. For a little kick, choose a spicy BBQ sauce. I love this recipe for homemade BBQ sauce!
These BBQ chicken meatballs are perfectly poppable – once you start you won’t be able to stop!
Make Ahead Instructions
Follow the recipe through step 4. Freeze cooked meatballs in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, transfer the frozen meatballs to the crockpot and continue with step 4. Add an extra hour to the slow cook time.
Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serve a Crowd
To make a double batch of these BBQ chicken meatballs, simply double all of ingredients and follow the recipe as written.
These from-scratch crockpot BBQ meatballs will be the star of any potluck or party!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, egg, oil, mustard, bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic and onion powders, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.1 pound ground chicken, 1 large egg, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, ½ cup Panko bread crumbs, ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Form into firm 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the meatballs to the crockpot insert. Pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat. Cook on low for 1-2 hours until warmed through.2 cups BBQ sauce
- Storage: Store meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make Ahead: Follow the recipe through step 4. Freeze cooked meatballs in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, transfer the frozen meatballs to the crockpot and continue with step 4. Add an extra hour to the slow cook time.