With layers of sour cream, cheese, guacamole, salsa, refried beans and ground chicken – this Layered Chicken Taco Dip has all the goodies from a delicious taco but in dip form. Perfect for parties!
Layered Taco Dip
There is something so satisfying about dunking a chip through all the lovely layers in this dip!
This delicious chicken taco dip is perfect for parties or a fun weeknight family meal. It’s a breeze to whip and guaranteed to please a crowd!
Why You’ll Love this Taco Dip Recipe:
- EASY PARTY FOOD: This easy layered dip look gorgeous, you’d think it takes ages, but no! 5 mins to prep and 10 mins to cook.
- KID FRIENDLY: With its different textures and delicious flavors, this colorful dip is bound to be a hit with the little ones.
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: You can easily scale this recipe up or down depending on the size of your crowd.
Taco seasoned chicken over a layer of awesome toppings – all ready to be scooped up by crunchy chips – party food heaven!
How to Make Layered Chicken Taco Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a skillet, cook the ground chicken with taco seasoning.
- In a baking dish, layer your toppings. Finishing up with ground chicken on the top.
- Sprinkle your topping (shredded lettuce, cilantro, cheese etc.) over the ground chicken.
Use a 9×9-inch, 7×11-inch, or similarly sized pan for this dip recipe.
Definitely! Use 3 cups of cooked shredded chicken in place of ground chicken. Mix the chicken with taco seasoning and tomato sauce in step 1, skip step 2, and continue with the recipe as written.
Yes. Use 3-4 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning. I love this recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
This is a super satisfying dip, make sure you use hefty chips to get through all those tasty layers!
Chicken Taco Dip Make Ahead Instructions
You can cook the ground chicken up to 3 days ahead of time, then layer everything in a baking dish when you are 30 mins from serving.
How to Store Taco Dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
Chicken Taco Dip Variations
– As mentioned earlier, you can use pre cooked, pre shredded chicken in this dip.
– Feel free to throw in other ingredients, scallions and corn will add extra freshness. Adding olives will give you an added depth of flavor and a savory pop.
Layered Taco Dip Tips
– Be sure to allow the chicken to cool slightly before layering in, so it doesn’t turn the shredded lettuce soggy.
– Spice things up by using spicier cheese or adding diced chilies.
This layered dip has it all, savory seasoned chicken, cooling sour cream, tangy salsa and host of other goodies. PLay around with your toppings to personalize the recipe. Go spicy or stay mild, it’s super versatile. The perfect party dip that’s so simple to make!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Layered Chicken Taco Dip Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 packet
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 16 ounces refried beans 1 can
- 16 ounces guacamole
- 24 ounces salsa
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Heat the oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and taco seasoning. Break up the chicken with a spoon and stir in the tomato sauce.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 pound ground chicken, 1 ounce taco seasoning, ½ cup tomato sauce
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken cools, spread the refried beans in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×9-inch baking dish.16 ounces refried beans
- Spread the guacamole over the beans, followed by the sour cream, salsa, and cooled ground chicken mixture.16 ounces guacamole, 24 ounces salsa, 16 ounces sour cream
- Top with shredded lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.Shredded lettuce, 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, 1 cup diced tomatoes, Chopped cilantro, Tortilla chips
- Be sure to allow the chicken to cool slightly before layering in, so it doesn’t turn the shredded lettuce soggy.
- Spice things up by using spicier cheese or adding diced chilies.