When you can’t decide between tacos or pizza, make Chicken Taco Pizza! It’s assembled and served like a pizza topped with everything you love about tacos. The best of both worlds!
Homemade Taco Pizza
Chicken. Taco. Pizza. Everyone always goes crazy for this easy and fun hybrid recipe! Top pizza dough with all of your favorite taco toppings like refried beans, taco seasoned chicken, plenty of cheese, and more. If you love pizza and love tacos, this recipe is for you!
This homemade pizza is perfect for busy weeknights, celebratory dinners, and everything in between. It’s fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Why You’ll Love this Taco Pizza Recipe:
- FLAVORFUL: I love really flavorful tacos, and this taco pizza is no exception. The chicken is seasoned with both taco seasoning and taco sauce, taking on the tasty taco flavors we know and love.
- FUN: Mix up taco Tuesday or Friday night pizza night with this fun recipe!
- KID FRIENDLY: This pizza is a hit whenever I make it for my family. My kids love to help assemble the pizza and always ask for seconds!
Customize this chicken taco pizza with your favorite taco toppings. What’s not to love?!
How to Make Chicken Taco Pizza
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the chicken.
- Assemble the pizza.
- Bake, serve, and enjoy!
Absolutely! This is a great way to use up leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. If using pre-cooked chicken, skip step 2. In a large bowl, toss the pre-cooked chicken with the taco seasoning and taco sauce in step 3 before adding it to the pizza. Omit the oil.
Definitely. Use your favorite homemade pizza dough as the base of this taco pizza!
Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serve chicken taco pizza with Mexican sides like:
- Mexican Corn on the Cob
- Best Guacamole Ever
- Mexican Mac and Cheese
- Best Homemade Refried Beans (use in place of canned refried beans on the pizza dough or serve as a side dish)
No matter how you slice it, this easy taco pizza is sure to be a hit!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Make sure the chicken is completely cooked before adding it to the pizza.
- To spice things up, add cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to the chicken as it cooks. You can also add chopped jalapeños as a topping.
- For even more cheesy goodness, add crumbled Cotija cheese along with the shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Have fun with the toppings! Customize this pizza however you’d like with more or less of your favorite taco toppings.
Serve this chicken taco pizza for game days, birthday parties, and potlucks – it’s the ultimate party food!
What is taco sauce?
Taco sauce is a tomato-based Mexican sauce that’s spicy, sweet, and smoky. It takes any recipe from good to great! You can find it at your local grocery store or make your own with this simple taco sauce recipe.
Can I use salsa instead of taco sauce?
You sure can! Buy a jar of your favorite salsa or use my easy homemade salsa recipe.
Can I make my own taco seasoning?
For sure! Use 3-4 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning instead of a store bought packet. I love this recipe for homemade taco seasoning!
Go wild with your favorite taco toppings and have fun making this chicken taco pizza!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Taco Pizza Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 16 ounces pizza dough
- 16 ounces refried beans 1 can
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 2 scallions sliced
- Fresh cilantro and sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until it is golden and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 chicken breasts
- Add the taco seasoning and taco sauce and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Set aside.1 ounce taco seasoning, 8 ounces taco sauce
- On a clean work surface, roll the pizza dough into a 10-12 inch circle or rectangle. Transfer the rolled out dough to the prepared baking sheet.16 ounces pizza dough
- Spread the refried beans onto the crust in an even layer. Top with ¾ of the cheese, the chicken, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, and scallions. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.16 ounces refried beans, 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes, ½ cup chopped green bell pepper, ¼ cup sliced olives, 2 scallions
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Top with cilantro, sour cream, and serve.Fresh cilantro and sour cream