Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip is everything we love about traditional spinach artichoke dip with a protein punch. This homemade dip comes together quickly and always disappears in minutes!
Creamy Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip
Gooey and cheesy, chicken spinach artichoke dip is simply irresistible! It’s creamy and hearty with a perfect balance of flavors and textures. Served warm from the oven, everyone falls in love with this dip at first bite.
This homemade dip is one of my favorite appetizers to make for parties, game day, and potlucks – enjoy it with veggies, chips, crackers, or toast for the ultimate snack.
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Dip:
- EASY: With only 30 minutes of cook time, this homemade dip is quick and easy.
- CREAMY: Made with cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and shredded cheese, this dip is delightfully creamy.
- VERSATILE: Chicken spinach artichoke dip goes with just about anything! I love it with salty tortilla chips, but it’s great spread on toast or with crackers, carrots, or other sliced veggies.
Chicken artichoke dip is dangerously easy to make!
How to Make Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the chicken.
- Cut the artichokes.
- Combine the creamy ingredients.
- Mix in the artichokes, spinach, and cooked chicken.
- Spread into a baking dish.
- Bake and serve warm.
Any shape 1-quart or 4-cup baking dish works great for this dip.
To prevent a watery dip, drain and pat the artichokes dry and squeeze out any excess moisture from the thawed spinach.
Yes! This is a great way to use up any leftover chicken breasts. Skip step 2. Add 1-2 cups of chopped or shredded cooked chicken breasts to a large bowl in step 4 and continue with the recipe as written.
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
Yes, this dip is naturally gluten free. Make sure to serve it with fresh veggies or gluten free chips/crackers.
While I love traditional spinach artichoke dip, this version with chicken has incredible texture and a welcome heartiness.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- For a sweet, crunchy addition, add 1 cup of corn (fresh or canned) to the recipe in step 5.
- While delicious hot from the oven, this chicken artichoke dip tastes great cold, too.
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Homemade always tastes better and this chicken spinach artichoke dip is no exception!
Can I use frozen artichokes?
Yes. Similar to the spinach, let them thaw and squeeze out any excess moisture before chopping and adding to the dip.
Can I double this recipe?
Absolutely! Simply double the ingredients and bake in a 2-quart (or similarly sized) baking dish.
What can I use instead of mayonnaise?
Replace the mayonnaise with an equal amount of plain Greek yogurt. If you prefer, replace both the sour cream and mayonnaise with an equal amount of plain Greek yogurt.
Grab a chip and start dipping!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Artichoke Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to season
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained (1 can)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅔ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed to drain excess liquid
- Tortilla chips, crackers, toast, or fresh veggies for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the chopped chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is golden and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 chicken breast, Salt and pepper
- Drain the artichokes, pat them dry, and chop into bite sized pieces. Set aside.14 ounces artichoke hearts
- To the chicken, add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Stir until well combined.8 ounces cream cheese, ¼ cup sour cream, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 clove garlic, ⅔ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the chopped artichokes and spinach and mix well.6 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Smooth the top into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until warm and bubbly. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, toast, or fresh veggies.Tortilla chips, crackers, toast, or fresh veggies