Make creamy and cheesy White Chicken Enchilada Dip for taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or any fiesta. This decadent dip is always a hit and disappears quickly!
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Why You’ll Love this Chicken Dip Recipe:
- How to Make White Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Recipe Tips and Notes
- What size baking dish should I use?
- Can I use any kind of shredded cheese?
- How long does enchilada dip last?
- More Easy Chicken Dip Recipes!
- White Chicken Enchilada Dip
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Homemade chicken enchilada dip is everything we love about chicken enchiladas in dip form! Green chile enchilada sauce and chopped green chiles add mouthwatering flavor while the creamy, cheesy consistency keeps you coming back for more.
This dip is quick and easy, too, so it’s perfect for whipping up just before the party starts. Make game days, birthday parties, and all other celebrations instantly more delicious with a batch of white chicken enchilada dip!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Dip Recipe:
- EASY: Mix all of the ingredients together, pop into the oven, and serve warm.
- ADDICTIVE: You won’t be able to stop at just one bite of this creamy dip!
- CHEESY: Chicken enchilada dip is loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, and plenty of Monterey jack for the ultimate cheesy dip.
Grab a bag of tortilla chips because it’s time to make white chicken enchilada dip!
How to Make White Chicken Enchilada Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into a prepared baking dish.
- Top with cheese.
Any kind of pre-cooked and shredded chicken works great. This is a delicious way to use up leftover chicken, or pick up a rotisserie chicken to save time.
Green chiles add wonderful flavor! Instead of green chiles, try diced jalapeño peppers or Rotel tomatoes.
Use your favorite kind of enchilada sauce – store bought or homemade. I love using green enchilada sauce, but red enchilada sauce also works.
Absolutely! To make this chicken dip ahead of time, prepare the recipe through step 3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When ready to bake, remove it from the refrigerator and continue with step 4.
Serve warm and fall in love with this dip one chip at a time!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Shred a store bought rotisserie chicken to save time.
- Room temperature cream cheese is easier to incorporate. Take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before making this dip.
- For extra spice, add some freshly diced jalapeños in step 2.
- To prevent the dip from sticking to the baking dish, spray the dish before adding the dip.
- Serve chicken enchilada dip with tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, and sliced veggies for dipping.
Cheesy, protein-packed, and mega flavorful, this white chicken enchilada dip recipe is one to hold onto!
What size baking dish should I use?
Any 2-quart (7×11-inch) or similarly sized baking dish is great for this recipe. If the dish is a little bigger, reduce the bake time. If the dish is a little smaller, increase the bake time.
Can I use any kind of shredded cheese?
Instead of Monterrey jack cheese, use an equal amount of shredded cheddar or a Mexican cheese blend.
How long does enchilada dip last?
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serve this easy white chicken enchilada dip at your next party with margaritas and salsa. It feeds a crowd and always hits the spot!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
White Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 2½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 10 ounces green chile enchilada sauce 1 jar
- 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles 1 can
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Monterey jack cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cilantro and green onions for garnish
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, chiles, sour cream, cream cheese, ¾ cup Monterey jack cheese, cumin, chili powder, and salt together.2½ cups shredded cooked chicken, 10 ounces green chile enchilada sauce, 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles, 1 cup sour cream, 4 ounces cream cheese, 1 ¼ cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, 1 teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Spread into an even layer and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and hot. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, garnish with cilantro and green onions, and serve with tortilla chips.Cilantro and green onions, Tortilla chips