This easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe comes together quickly for a healthy low-carb meal! Chicken breasts are grilled on the stovetop and topped with fresh tomato bruschetta toppings, and drizzled with balsamic reduction. Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes!
What’s in this Chicken Bruschetta recipe?
This bruschetta chicken dinner combines the classic Italian appetizer and juicy chicken for a delicious and healthy meal. The bruschetta is made with olive oil, Roma tomatoes, garlic, red onion, basil, and balsamic vinegar, and served over perfectly seasoned chicken breasts.
- Chicken Breasts: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Salt & Pepper: Salt and pepper are key for bringing out all the yummy flavors.
- Seasoning: The chicken is seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used for both cooking the chicken and making the fresh tomato bruschetta.
- Roma Tomatoes: I used Roma tomatoes, but I would wager that halved, sweet cherry tomatoes would also work well!
- Garlic: You can’t have an Italian dish without garlic!
- Red Onion: A classic ingredient in bruschetta. It adds flavor and texture.
- Basil: Another traditional bruschetta ingredient that you can’t forget.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic adds a tangy sweetness that balances all the flavors.
- Balsamic Glaze: I drizzle this on top as a tasty finishing touch. You can also use reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Parmesan: I used shaved parmesan cheese, but fresh mozzarella cheese would work too!
Insider Tip: The key for the bruschetta topping is to use the most perfectly ripe tomatoes you can! We recommend making the topping ahead of time to really let all of those flavors develop.
Easy Recipe Variations
Have this easy bruschetta chicken recipe your way by swapping or omitting a few ingredients. To make your chicken even more flavorful, marinate it in some Italian dressing. You could also add more cheese or use less, depending on preference.
Yes! This recipe makes enough for four servings, and each serving is around 230 calories with 8g of carbs. It’s high in protein and low in fat. The bruschetta topping is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, so this can be part of a great well-balanced meal.
Absolutely! To make this chicken bruschetta recipe ahead, prep the chicken and store it in the fridge until ready to eat. After you prep your bruschetta, store it covered on the countertop at room temperature. DON’T place it in the fridge. Be sure to drain any excess liquid before serving.
Make sure you allow your chicken breasts to get to room temperature before you cook them (about 30 minutes). This will ensure your chicken cooks evenly and comes out nice and juicy!
How to Store and Reheat
Store your bruschetta topping and grilled chicken separately in airtight containers. Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To reheat, cut the chicken into slices and place it on a microwave-safe dish in the microwave. Heat in 30-second intervals until warmed through. You could also reheat it in the oven at 350°F until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
How to Freeze Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
We recommend only freezing the chicken, not the bruschetta, as it doesn’t freeze well. Once cool, transfer the chicken into a freezer-safe container, squeezing out any excess air. Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can make fresh bruschetta when serving.
What to Serve with Easy Bruschetta Chicken
This is a great summertime dish, so we like to keep it simple by serving this chicken with a fresh Green Goddess Salad. If you want this to be part of a heartier meal, you can’t go wrong with serving this with some Homemade Pasta or Instant Pot Basmati Rice.
Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Bruschetta Topping:
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 8 basil leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil leaves sliced into ribbons
- Shaved parmesan
- Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning over the chicken and add in the olive oil. Toss the chicken in the seasonings and oil until evenly coated. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the bruschetta topping ingredients in a separate bowl.4 roma tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup red onion, 8 basil leaves, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the grill or bring a grill pan to medium-high heat. Then, grill the chicken until it’s cooked through. (Approximately 5-7 minutes per side. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F)
- Top each chicken breast with a few spoonfuls of the bruschetta topping.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over each chicken breast and garnish with chopped fresh basil and parmesan cheese.1/4 cup reduced balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze, Fresh basil leaves, Shaved parmesan