This Balsamic Chicken recipe made on the grill coats succulent skinless chicken breasts in a delicious garlic balsamic marinade, then grilled to golden brown perfection. It’s quick, flavorful, and so satisfying. Perfect for summer entertaining!
Nothing beats an easy summer dish! Serve with salad, on rice or with grilled veggies. The chicken has a lovely charred look and tastes delicious!
Table of Contents
How To Make This Grilled Balsamic Chicken – Step By Step
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
In a large bowl prepare the marinade. Add balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and paprika. Mix well with a fork until well combined
In a separate bowl add the marinade and chicken breasts. Cover with cling film and let it marinate for at least 3-4 hours.
Add chicken to a hot pan and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Then, remove chicken from pan and set aside
Add yellow pear cherry tomatoes in same pan and sauté for 5 minutes
Garnish chicken with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes.
How Do You Know When The Chicken Is Done?
The best way to gauge whether your chicken is done is to use a thermometer to test the thickest part of the breast or thigh. The thermometer should read at least 165 degrees F.
Balsamic Chicken – Great For Meal Prep
This balsamic grilled chicken recipe is quick, easy and delicious, I’m sure it’s destined to be a staple in your house. You can cook up a double batch of this balsamic chicken every week, so that you have protein on hand that can easily chop up and add to any dish. It’s always a total crowd pleaser!
A Delicious and Easy Balsamic Chicken Marinade
This super simple balsamic chicken marinade can help you out on those hectic weeknights. With just a handful of ingredients, it transforms a boring, boneless skinless chicken breasts into juicy and succulent grilled chicken that you will love!
Make Ahead Tips
This chicken will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5-6 days, which makes it great for meal prep. Simply reheat when ready.
More Top Tips
- The longer you marinate this chicken, then better! While it’ll definitely still taste good even if you only have 30 minutes to let the flavors soak in, 24 hours is hands down awesome.
- It’s best to cook this chicken over medium-low heat, as you don’t want the exterior to burn before the inside is cooked all the way through.
- Garnish with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes!
Check Out These Other Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Huli Huli Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
Have you tried this Grilled Balsamic Chicken? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Balsamic Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup yellow pear cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Finely mince garlic
- In a large bowl prepare the marinade. Add balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and paprika. Mix well with a fork until well combined
- In a separate bowl add the marinade and chicken breasts. Cover with cling film and let it marinate for at least 3-4 hours
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Coat the grates with olive oil (optional). (see note)
- Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- If wanting to make the cherry tomato side dish, add cherry tomatoes and 1 teaspoon olive oil to a skillet over medium heat sauté for 5 minutes
- Garnish chicken with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!