Balsamic Grilled Chicken is perfect for an easy summertime dinner! Chicken breasts are marinated in the most bold balsamic mixture before being grilled to tender, juicy perfection.
Why we love this Balsamic Chicken Recipe
As soon as the weather starts heating up, my family always requests this grilled balsamic chicken! Here’s why we all love it so much:
- Great for meal prep: You can cook up a double batch of this balsamic chicken every week, that way you have protein on hand that can easily chop up and add to any dish.
- Easy: Marinate, grill, enjoy. It’s that easy!
- Flavorful: Balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic and paprika give this chicken the most incredible flavor.
How long do I need to marinate balsamic chicken?
The longer you marinate this chicken, then better! While it’ll definitely still taste good even if you only have 30 minutes to let the flavors soak in, 24 hours is hands down awesome.
How to Store and Reheat
This chicken will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5-6 days, which makes it great for meal prep. Simply reheat when ready.
How to Freeze
Always let chicken fully cool to room temperature prior to freezing it! Once cooled, store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it defrost in the fridge prior to reheating in the oven or air fryer.
Serve with salad, on rice or with grilled veggies.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes We Love
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Spiedini
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Beer Can Chicken
- Huli Huli Chicken
Balsamic Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup yellow pear cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Finely mince garlic
- In a large bowl prepare the marinade. Add balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and paprika. Mix well with a fork until well combined
- In a separate bowl add the marinade and chicken breasts. Cover with cling film and let it marinate for at least 3-4 hours
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Coat the grates with olive oil (optional). (see note)
- Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- If wanting to make the cherry tomato side dish, add cherry tomatoes and 1 teaspoon olive oil to a skillet over medium heat sauté for 5 minutes
- Garnish chicken with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
How to make Balsamic Grilled Chicken Step by Step
Make the marinade: Whisk together 1 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 cup honey, 2 finely minced garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and 1 TSP paprika.
Marinate the chicken: Place all 4 chicken breasts in a bowl and cover with the marinade. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
Grill: Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through.