This classic recipe is easy to make and packed full of flavor. Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic sounds complicated but it’s easy enough to serve as a weeknight meal and fancy enough to serve to guests. You are going to love this classic French recipe!
When I first came across a chicken with 40 cloves garlic recipe, I thought it was going to be amazingly complicated. Of course, there are some recipes out there that require more effort, but you are going to love how easy this is to make!
Table of Contents
How to Make Chicken with 40 Cloves Garlic
Preheat oven 350F
Chop off the top ½ inch of the whole garlic heads
In a sheet pan add chicken legs, whole garlic heads, 40 garlic cloves
In a bowl add olive oil, juice of orange, thyme, dry rosemary, black pepper, salt, honey
Mix with a fork then drizzle mixture over chicken and garlic
Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through
Serve with fresh rosemary stems and enjoy!
What do you serve with chicken with 40 cloves garlic
This roasted chicken is super versatile and can be served with everything from a side salad, to steamed vegetables to roasted potatoes. It can easily take centre-place on a holiday table too as a turkey alternative. Store any leftovers in the fridge and shred them over a salad for a tasty lunch the next day.
Sheet pan roasted chicken dinner
I love how easy it is to put this chicken dinner together. Everything goes straight on to the sheet pan and then it’s into the oven until it’s done. Just 15 minutes prep is all you need to serve up an amazingly tasty chicken meal. The chicken is so perfectly cooked and once it goes in the oven it’s completely hands off cooking.
Perfectly cooked roasted chicken
I can’t begin to tell you how delicious this chicken with 40 garlic cloves is. The garlic is deliciously sweet and mellow, it’s not an overpowering flavor at all and the orange juice adds acid to bring out those flavors. The honey is sweet and also helps to brown the chicken wonderfully. This is a total restaurant quality dish.
Top Tips to Make Chicken with 40 Cloves Garlic
- Chicken leg quarters are the preferable cut for this recipe, they are stronger in flavor and cook perfectly.
- Check out this video to see how to peel garlic quickly!
- Serve the chicken immediately with your favorite sides.
Be sure to check out these other tasty chicken recipes!
- Best Chicken and Waffles Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
- Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
If you have tried this chicken with 40 cloves garlic recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Chicken with 40 Cloves Garlic
- 3 chicken leg quarters
- 40 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 whole heads of garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp dry rosemary leaves
- 3 fresh rosemary stems optional
- Preheat oven 350F
- Chop off the top ½ inch of the whole garlic heads
- In a sheet pan add chicken legs, whole garlic heads, 40 garlic cloves
- In a bowl add olive oil, juice of orange, thyme, dry rosemary, black pepper, salt, honey
- Mix with a fork then drizzle mixture over chicken and garlic
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through
- Serve with fresh rosemary stems and enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by Michaella at Well + Yum.