Roasted Chicken is one of our favorite meals to make time and time again. This Easy Garlic Lemon Roast Chicken Recipe is the type of meal you can eat alone, or shred and use in everything from tacos, soups, chicken salad, or even nachos! ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS!
Table of Contents
Garlic Lemon Roast Chicken Recipe
Whole roasted chicken with lemon and garlic is going to become your new favorite easy chicken meal. Just 6 ingredients: chicken, lemon, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper and just 3 kitchen tools: a cutting board, a knife, and a skillet.
A surprising family weeknight dinner win, this whole roasted chicken with lemon and garlic can be loved by people of all ages. This simple recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, carb-free, and a great fit for the keto diet. Lemon Roasted Chicken for the win!
How to Roast Chicken Step by Step
The smell of chicken with lemon and garlic wafting through the home is intoxicating, and has, on multiple occasions, caused my family to wait in the dining room before the chicken is even out of the oven.
This fool-proof recipe for whole roasted chicken is one that gets passed down for generations because it’s the perfect combination of easy and enjoyable.
What to serve with Roasted Chicken:
The possibilities are literally endless, but here are some of our favorite side dishes to serve with this easy Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic!
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Lemon Butter Asparagus
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cheesy Baked Tomatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes
How to make Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
How to roast a whole chicken:
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels – this allows the skin to get crispy while it cooks.
- Season the entire chicken (inside and out) with lots of kosher salt. If you’re using table salt, use about half of what is included in this recipe.
- Place in a high-sided oven-safe skillet and bake at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes per pound.
- When the juices in the thigh joint run clear, the chicken is done.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before enjoying (this is, by far, the most challenging step).
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
Garlic Lemon Roasted Chicken with only 6 Ingredients!
This Easy Roast Chicken Recipe only has six ingredients! SO easy and versatile.
- Whole Chicken
- Olive Oil
THAT’S IT! Isn’t that amazing?! This Whole Roasted Chicken is a family favorite and couldn’t be more simple. We love this easy chicken recipe!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use the cooked garlic by squeezing it into a pot of potatoes before mashing for amazing mashed potatoes!
- Squeeze the roasted lemon juice over vegetables or use it in a salad dressing. Easy and delicious.
- Shred the Roasted Chicken and use in recipes such as Chicken Tacos, Nachos, Chicken Salad, or even your favorite Chicken Soups!
We hope you enjoy this Garlic Lemon Roasted Chicken Recipe as much as we do. Be sure to check out some of our other favorite Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese
- Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Southwest Chicken Bake
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- Baked Buffalo Wings
Roasted Chicken (Garlic Lemon Roast Chicken Recipe)
- 1 whole chicken 4 lbs
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 head garlic cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board, remove giblets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the entire chicken (inside and out)with salt and sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe skillet, preferably cast iron. Add lemon and garlic halves to the skillet, tucked next to the chicken.
- Pour the olive oil over the chicken and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Roast for 50 minutes before checking for doneness. Cut into the leg joint and look for the color of the juices, when done, the juices will be clear. If the juices are still pink, return to the oven for 5-10 minutes before checking again.
- Let the chicken rest in the skillet for 15 minutes before carving. Serve warm or at room temperature.