Creamy and cheesy, this ranch chicken dip is made for sharing! Perfect for a game day appetizer served with crackers, this is quick and easy to make and ready to serve in just 10 minutes.
Cheesy Chicken Ranch Dip
Dips are one of my favorite food groups, and this chicken ranch dip is one serious recipe!
Made with sour cream and cream cheese and seasoned with ranch mix, this flavorful dip is so wonderfully rich, you’ll be licking the bowl clean!
Made with shredded chicken, it comes together in a matter of minutes with just 5 ingredients. This is a must make!
Be sure to try my Chicken Enchilada Dip and Layered Chicken Taco Dip too!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Ranch Dip Recipe:
- Great for meal prep: This is a great appetizer, or make up a batch to spread on sandwiches for easy lunches during the week!
- Quick and easy: Just combine all of the ingredients and it’s ready to enjoy!
- Perfect for leftovers: If you have some leftover whole roasted chicken, make the most of it in this recipe!
This creamy and cheesy chicken dip is so wonderfully rich. Grab those crackers and get stuck in!
How to Make Ranch Chicken Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Serve or refrigerate.
- The dip can also be warmed quickly in the microwave if desired.
You can use any type of cooked, shredded chicken for this dip. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken, or follow my crockpot shredded chicken recipe to make your own. I like using rotisserie chicken in a pinch, but you can also use canned chicken.
Hidden Valley Ranch and McCormick are gluten free. Be sure to double-check the ingredients if you choose a different brand. The rest of the ingredients are naturally gluten free, and you can serve this dip with your favorite gluten free crackers.
Yes, you can. While full-fat cream cheese contributes extra creaminess and flavor, there’s so much going on in this dip that I doubt you’ll miss it!
Trying to mix ingredients at different temperatures can cause your dip to become lumpy. To prevent lumps in your dip, use room temperature ingredients. Leave the cream cheese and sour cream on the counter for about 1 hour before using, or microwave for 30 seconds.
Easy Party Dip
When game day comes around, I always like to serve a few dips for everyone to pick at. This one can be made ahead of time for easy entertaining and it’s sure to disappear quickly!
Make Ahead Instructions
Ranch chicken dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Let dip come to room temperature (about 30-60 minutes) before serving.
Store leftover ranch chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
Try adding a bit of salsa to change up the taste, or add a few tablespoons of Buffalo sauce to make Buffalo ranch chicken dip. Add ¼ cup of chopped celery for crunch.
Serve ranch chicken dip with crackers, chips, toasted bread, or sturdy raw vegetables. You can even spread it on rolls for ranch chicken sandwiches!
This ranch chicken dip is seriously delicious, and I love that it comes together in just a few minutes with very little effort! Perfect for sharing, it’s super delicious served in sandwiches and wraps too.
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cooked chicken shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature (1 brick)
- ½ cup sour cream room temperature
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix (1 packet)
For Serving (optional)
- Fresh parsley or dill for garnish
- Toasted bread
- Fresh vegetables
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and ranch mix together in a large bowl. Top with fresh parsley or dill, if desired, and refrigerate until ready to serve.8 ounces cooked chicken, 8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 ounce ranch dressing mix, Fresh parsley or dill
- Cover with plastic wrap and warm in the microwave if desired before serving with, crackers, chips, toasted bread, and/or fresh vegetables.Crackers, Chips, Toasted bread, Fresh vegetables
- Use up whatever leftover chicken you have, or use rotisserie or canned chicken.
- Try adding a bit of salsa to change up the taste, or add a few tablespoons of Buffalo sauce to make Buffalo ranch chicken dip.
- Add ¼ cup of chopped celery for crunch.
- Spread ranch chicken dip on rolls for ranch chicken sandwiches.
- Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
Leave a Review