Cheesy Chicken Prosciutto is an easy weeknight dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes! This sheet pan recipe features halved chicken breasts that are first seared to golden brown perfection before broiling beneath a layers of prosciutto, fresh basil and provolone.
Why we love this Cheesy Chicken Prosciutto Recipe
This is a great recipe for both weeknight dinners at home and dinner parties with friends! Here’s what makes it a go-to recipe in my kitchen:
- Quick: Dinners don’t get much easier than this prosciutto chicken recipe! With these simple instructions, you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Flavorful: Chicken topped with soft delicate prosciutto, sweet, yet savory basil, and deliciously rich cheese makes for the perfect recipe combo.
- Cheesy: It goes without saying that cheesy recipes are the best, right?
What kind of cheese can I use?
The cheese really makes this whole meal come together, so be sure to pick the right cheese. I suggest good provolone or mozzarella, but if those aren’t for you, feel free to experiment with your favorite cheese!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover cheesy prosciutto chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. I recommend reheating it in the oven or air fryer for the best results.
Plate this Italian chicken recipe with some delicious side dishes like Olive Garden salad, creamy garlic butter mushrooms or garlic knots.
More Chicken Breast Recipes We Love
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Creamy Herb Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
Top Reader Review
“Loved this recipe and it was really easy to make. Thanks for sharing this!” – Eden
Cheesy Prosciutto Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 slices prosciutto sliced in half
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices provolone cheese or mozzarella
- Set oven to Broil.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast half with pepper on both sides. Press down to adhere.4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, black pepper
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat.1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Once butter is melted and oil/butter are glistening/crackling, add the chicken in batches and brown on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until fully cooked (internal temperature should be 165°F).
- Transfer cooked chicken to a large ungreased baking sheet (or two if you need the space).
- Top each breast half with a ½ slice prosciutto, then two leaves basil, then slice of cheese.4 slices prosciutto, 16 fresh basil leaves, 8 slices provolone cheese
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.
How to make Cheesy Chicken Prosciutto Step by Step
Sear the chicken: Sprinkle each chicken half with black pepper on both sides. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter and oil are melted together, sear the chicken in batches until golden brown and fully cooked.
Layer it: Place the cooked chicken on a baking sheet. Top each breast with half a slice of prosciutto, two basil leaves, and a slice of cheese.
Broil: Broil the chicken for just 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.