Chicken strips never tasted so good! This baked chicken strips recipe is so finger lickin’ good and so easy to make for a tasty meal, appetizer or finger food. Crispy Homemade Chicken Strips served with a creamy yogurt dip is a recipe you’re going to love!
If you haven’t had chicken strips baked in a cornflake coating, then you are missing out! They are so delightfully crispy and the yogurt dip they are served with is to die for! I can’t wait for you guys to try this!
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Strips – Step by Step
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare the chicken strips
- Mix together the coating
- Dredge the sliced chicken breast
- Place on a baking sheet with cooling rack
- Mix together the dipping sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
Oven Baked Cornflake Chicken
When it comes to baked chicken fingers, I’m all about the crunch, and nothing quite delivers quite like cornflakes! The cornflakes mean that you don’t have to deep fry the chicken to get that golden brown and crunchy coating.
The chicken is perfectly tender and succulent and each bite is deliciously crispy.
Kid Friendly Recipe
Often when making chicken fingers, the tenders are used, but for this recipe I chose to cut up breast meat instead. They are much more economical, plus they are larger in size so you get more, which is always a good thing!
You can easily serve two to four portions of baked chicken fingers from this recipe.
These chicken strips are so versatile and can be served as part of a main meal or finger food at a party. Serve with a salad and potato side dish for a great weeknight meal or serve with my creamy yogurt dip (recipe below!) as a great finger food to serve to guests.
And don’t forget plenty of dips, like ketchup, ranch, Chick Fil A Sauce, or BBQ sauce.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- It’s best to bake the chicken fingers on a cooling rack placed over a baking tray. This helps the chicken fingers to get crispy all over.
- Spray the cooling rack with oil so that they don’t stick.
- When dredging the chicken, try to keep one hand dry and one wet so that it doesn’t get messy!
- Serve immediately out of the oven.
If you have tried this crispy baked chicken fingers, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Chicken Strips Recipe
FOR CHICKEN FINGERS:
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn flakes crushed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ lime
- 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place cooling rack onto baking tray
- Spray cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
- Cut chicken breast into thin chicken strips and set aside
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add cereal, flour, salt and pepper, paprika, and mozzarella cheese
- In a different medium sized mixing bowl add two eggs
- Whisk eggs
- Add chicken strips into the mixing bowl containing the whisked egg and mix. Make sure all chicken strips are coated in the egg mixture
- One-by-one dip each chicken strip into the cereal mixture from the other bowl. Ensure chicken is fully coated in the cereal mixture
- Place chicken strips onto the cooling rack. Make sure none of them are touching and are evenly spread out
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through
- Whilst the chicken fingers are cooking begin making the dip
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, juice of lime, olive oil and cilantro
- Place dip in fridge until the chicken strips are cooked
- Serve hot chicken fingers with refreshing dip on the side