Baked Chicken Strips turn out so crispy every time! White meat chicken is coated in the very best seasoned cornflake mixture before being baked to tender, juicy perfection. Serve these chicken tenders with our favorite creamy yogurt dipping sauce for the best bite!
Why We Love this Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
The cornflakes and baking method make these chicken strips so crispy and perfect without having to fry them! Here’s why my family requests them so often:
- Chicken breasts are best: Often when making chicken fingers, tenders are used, but for this recipe I chose to cut up breast meat instead. They are much more economical since they’re larger in size, so you get more.
- SO crispy: There are two elements to baking crispy chicken tenders. First, use cornflakes! They create the best crispy coating. Second, use a wire rack on top of a baking sheet so the chicken gets crispy all over.
- Kid-friendly: Kids love chicken tenders! These are always a hit with my little ones.
Is this chicken strip recipe gluten free?
This recipe calls for all-purpose flour and cornflakes, both of which contain gluten. To make this recipe adhere to a gluten free diet, swap both of those ingredients with gluten free alternatives.
How to Store and Reheat
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store baked chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven to keep them crispy!
How to Freeze
You can freeze baked chicken fingers for up to 3 months. Make sure they’re fully cooled to room temperature prior to storing in a freezer safe container or zip-top baggie.
These chicken strips are so versatile and can be served as part of a main meal or finger food at a party. Serve with a salad and potato side dish for a great weeknight meal or serve with my creamy yogurt dip (recipe below)! And don’t forget plenty of dips, like ketchup, ranch, or BBQ sauce.
More Baked Chicken Recipes We Love
- Chicken Paprikash
- Creamy Herb Chicken
- Baked Lemon Chicken Foil Packets
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
Top Reader Review
“It’s so hard to get crispy chicken tenders in the oven. These came out perfectly crunchy!” – April
Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
FOR CHICKEN FINGERS:
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn flakes crushed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ lime
- 1 ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place cooling rack onto baking tray.
- Spray cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into thin chicken strips and set aside.2 Chicken breasts
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add cereal, flour, salt and pepper, paprika, and mozzarella cheese.1 cup corn flakes, 1 cup all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, ¼ cup mozzarella
- In a different medium sized mixing bowl, add two eggs.1 egg
- Whisk eggs.
- Add chicken strips into the mixing bowl containing the whisked egg and mix. Make sure all chicken strips are coated in the egg mixture.
- One-by-one dip each chicken strip into the cereal mixture from the other bowl. Ensure chicken is fully coated in the cereal mixture.
- Place chicken strips onto the cooling rack. Make sure none of them are touching and are evenly spread out.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the chicken fingers are cooking, begin making the dip.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro.1 cup yogurt, ½ lime, 1 ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoon cilantro
- Place dip in fridge until the chicken strips are cooked.
- Serve hot chicken fingers with refreshing dip on the side.
How to make Baked Chicken Strips Step by Step
Slice the strips: Slice two chicken breasts into strips.
Make the breading: Combine 1 cup cornflakes, 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
Whisk: Whisk 1 egg until well mixed.
Coat the chicken: Coat the sliced chicken strips in the egg mixture.
Bread it: Bread each egg-coated chicken strip in the breading mixture.
Bake: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top. Spread the breaded chicken tenders in an even layer on top of the cooling rack. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Make the dipping sauce: Mix together 1 cup yogurt, juice from half a lime, 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, and 2 tsp cilantro.