Ranch chicken is the perfect dinner that everyone will love! Even your picky eater will be asking for seconds.
Baked Ranch Chicken Recipe
Ranch isn’t just for salad. I don’t know what it is about ranch, but it can quite literally go with anything! This ranch chicken is sure to have the whole family craving more. You’ll have to put it on your weekly menu.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Ranch Chicken:
- Simplicity. You don’t have to do much to have delicious and juicy chicken on the table. Add a little seasoning and plop it in the oven.
- Minimal ingredients. You won’t need to go to the store looking for off the wall ingredients. The ingredient list is short and simple.
- It’s delicious. The combination of ranch seasoning, crispy bacon, and juicy chicken is one that will have your taste buds drooling for more.
Seasoned with sour cream, garlic, cheese, ranch seasoning, and crispy bacon, this chicken ranch recipe combines the best of all worlds. I don’t know about you, but I don’t always have time to cook an elaborate meal.
I want something easy, but also a dish that I know everyone will eat. That’s where this easy baked ranch chicken recipe comes into play. It’s easy, mess free, and most importantly delicious!
How to make Ranch Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, olive oil, and ranch seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Add in ¾ of the bacon, ¾ of the cheddar cheese, ¾ of the mozzarella, and all of the onion.
- Cut deep holes into the chicken breasts using a knife and spread the mixture into the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and bacon on top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, and then remove the aluminum foil.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
For this recipe, I recommend getting boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If you aren’t a fan of white meat, you could also do boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Whatever chicken you use, just make sure it’s boneless.
This recipe requires you to take the foil off part of the way through the cooking process. The total baking time is 30 minutes. So, you can have dinner on the table in about 35 minutes if you choose.
Absolutely! If you want to make the ranch seasoning from scratch, you will need buttermilk powder, dried parsley, dried dill weed, freeze dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Here’s a Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix Recipe for you to use!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Blend creamy ingredients first. Be sure to blend your mayo, sour cream, olive oil and ranch seasoning first before adding the cheese. It helps everything to blend evenly.
- Safely cut the chicken. Place your hand on top of the chicken breast to stabilize it with cutting into the center.
- Check the cheese. Make sure the cheese starts to bubble around the edges and turn a light golden color before removing from the oven.
- Double check your chicken. All ovens are different, so make sure the thickest part of your chicken has an internal temperature of 165℉.
This delicious baked ranch chicken is a favorite in my house. I hope it will be a favorite of yours as well. The creamy ranch and cheese topping makes this recipe mouth watering good!
More baked chicken recipes we love
- Italian Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Butter Baked Chicken
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- One Pan Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- No Peek Chicken
- Baked Lemon Butter Chicken
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese freshly shredded
- ½ white onion diced
- 4-5 chicken breasts with the fat pieces cut off
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 inch baking pan or casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, olive oil, and ranch seasoning to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in ¾ of the bacon, ¾ of the cheddar cheese, ¾ of the mozzarella cheese and all the onion then set aside.
- Place one of the chicken breasts onto a plate and cut deep holes into it using a knife then spread the ranch mixture onto the chicken and push some of it into the holes.
- Place the chicken breast into the baking pan and repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts and ranch mix.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and bacon then loosely cover the pan with part aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble around the edges and turn a light golden color.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving with freshly chopped chives and additional bacon for garnish if desired.