This easy chicken parmesan is a tasty oven baked chicken dish that requires little prep. Chicken is breaded, fried and then baked with sauce for a crispy and succulent main meal. Ready in an hour.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken parmesan is such a classic dish and is always a crowd pleaser. I’ve cooked it in so many ways, but this recipe is my go to! Easy and fuss free and perfectly crispy chicken every single time!
How to Make This Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Prep your ingredients and preheat oven.
- Dredge the chicken.
- Fry the chicken.
- Cover with sauce and cheese in baking dish.
- Bake until melty!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
What do you serve with chicken parmesan?
Chicken parmesan is a really versatile dish and you can pair it with lots of sides. I love serving it with spaghetti for a hearty and comforting main, but it also works well with salads and veggies for a healthier option. Zoodles are always great too!
Crispy chicken parmesan recipe
Because the chicken is fried before baking it remains wonderfully crispy when it is baked with the sauce. The dish takes about an hour to make, but half of that time is baking time, so it’s a great option for an easy weeknight meal.
Chicken Parmesan with panko breadcrumbs
Panko breadcrumbs are a must in this recipe, they are what makes the chicken so crispy and crunchy. They soak up less oil and fat than regular breadcrumbs, so not only are they crispier, but they are healthier too.
Can you freeze cooked chicken parmesan?
Yes you can! Chicken parmesan is a great freezer meal! Once you have cooked the dish, let it cool completely before completely wrapping in plastic wrap and / or foil.
You can then cook the dish from frozen at 350f for around 1 hour 15 minutes. It’s a perfect dish to keep in your freezer to reach for on busy days.
More Chicken Parmesan Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- Baked Ziti with Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
Top Tips for Making This Recipe
- Use panko breadcrumbs, not regular, for the crispiest chicken parm.
- Boneless chicken thighs are much more flavorful than breast, but you can substitute if you wish.
- Use your favorite store bought or homemade marinara sauce.
- Bake the chicken parmesan in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
More Italian Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Margherita Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Saltimbocca
- Chicken Milanese
- Easy Chicken Piccata
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, pounded thin (1 1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and pepper for seasoning
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 inch of canola oil to 350°.
- Meanwhile, prepare three shallow bowls: In the first bowl, add the flour. In the second bowl, beat the eggs together. In the third bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs with the oregano, basil, and grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge them in the flour; shaking off the excess. Dip the floured chicken thighs in the egg, allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl, then fully coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry the cutlets in multiple batches until cooked through and browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the cutlets to a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange the fried chicken in a 9×13 baking dish and top each with ⅛ cup marinara sauce followed by mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until browned and bubbling on top. Serve immediately.
Leave a Review