Chicken tenders have never been so delicious! Cooked in the Instant Pot, they are ready to serve in 15 minutes and make for a great appetizer or main meal. Juicy, succulent and rubbed in a garlic and herb seasoning mix.
Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
The pressure cooker really helps to lock in the juices and you don’t need to worry about over cooking them and making them dry.
Serve these with your favorite dips or serve up as part of a main.
If you are new to cooking with your Instant Pot, be sure to check out my How to Cook Chicken in an Instant Pot guide for all my top tips!
Why you will love these Instant Pot chicken tenders!
- Quick and easy: Ready to serve in under 15 minutes and with just 5 ingredients, this recipe is a breeze!
- Kid-friendly: If you have a picky eater in your house, I promise you these will be devoured in no time!
- Healthy: High in protein and low in fat and carbs, these are a great healthier appetizer option.
How to cook chicken tenders in the Instant Pot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Rub the chicken with the seasoning.
- Saute the chicken tenders in the Instant pot.
- Place the chicken tenders on the trivet in the pot.
- Pour over the broth.
- Cook on high pressure and release.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These chicken tenders are great straight out of the pressure cooker, but they will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can eat the cooked tenders cold, added to salads and sandwiches, or reheat them in the oven at 350F until warmed through.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, cooked chicken tenders are great to have in your freezer! Let them cool completely and then wrap securely and place in a freezer bag or airtight container. Thaw the chicken in the fridge overnight before using.
How do you serve them?
They are also great to serve up with potato and veggie sides for a main meal. Try them with:
Recipe Tips and Notes
- I browned the tenders and really liked that it helped seal in the flavor. It also gives the tenders a nice texture on the outside if you want to enjoy them like chicken fingers or tenders and dip them in sauce. Browning is completely optional.
- Shredding was a breeze with the cooking time of 6 minutes.
- Use a trivet to cook the tenders. If you place them straight into the pot, the bottoms will burn.
Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine seasonings in bowl and season both sides of each chicken tender to taste.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute (you can also do this step stovetop) and brown the chicken tenders on each side for 1-2 minutes. This step is optional but seals in flavor. SEE NOTE
- Place trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot (directly over the chicken).
- Seal cooker and set to HIGH pressure for 6 minutes.
- When it’s done, release the pressure valve and wait for pressure to release, then let the chicken rest another 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!