Try something delicious and new with this recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas. You can use the air fryer to prepare the perfect lunch or dinner consisting of seasoned chicken, bell peppers, and onions.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas Recipe
If you like fajitas and tacos, try this Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas recipe! You’re going to season the chicken, onions, and peppers to perfection before preparing them in the air fryer to cook them with ease and in no time.
Once you’ve prepared your chicken, onions, and peppers, you’re ready to serve them over tortillas for an impressive dish made in 30 minutes or less! It’s the perfect weeknight meal that everyone will love.
Why You’ll Love this Air Fried Chicken Fajita Recipe:
- Gluten-free option: You can make this a gluten-free recipe, which is ideal for those with gluten sensitivities.
- Simple ingredients: It’s an easy meal to make with just a few ingredients, such as chicken, peppers, onions, and seasonings.
- Quick and easy: These fajitas can be made within 30 minutes making them perfect for busy weeknights.
How to make Chicken Fajitas in an air fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Set your air fryer to 375 degrees and spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Add your spices to a bowl and then add your chicken to the bowl full of spices, making sure to cover the chicken pieces well.
- Add your onions and peppers to the bowl and coat them with the seasoning, too.
- Add a mixture of chicken, peppers, and onions into the air fryer, cooking for a minimum of 12 minutes and a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Mix your ingredients at the halfway point. Serve with fresh, warm tortillas.
Can I use homemade fajita seasoning?
If you don’t have a packet of fajita seasoning to use, you can make homemade fajita seasoning by combining equal parts of chili powder with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
You can make the Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas gluten-free by using gluten-free tortillas when you prepare them. You can also skip the tortillas altogether and add your fajita meat into a bowl full of shredded lettuce!
Which toppings work best on these fajitas?
Add several flavorful toppings to these fajitas, such as fresh guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and chopped cilantro. You might also want to squeeze lime over your fajitas for a hint of the tangy flavor.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Cook your chicken in batches if you don’t have a large air fryer. You don’t want the pieces of chicken to overlap one another!
- Slice your vegetables thin, but not too thin to the point that they’ll burn easily when cooking.
- Add some red pepper flakes if you’d like to make these Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas spicier.
Prepare these Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas in no time. You won’t need too many ingredients to make a flavorful dish that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
More air fryer chicken recipes we love
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 ½ tbsp fajita seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 medium red onion chopped into strips
- 3 mixed colors bell peppers deseeded and sliced
- Optional to serve: tortillas chopped fresh cilantro, avocado/guacamole, salsa, sour cream, lime wedges etc.
- Preheat Air fryer to 375 °F and spray the basket with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients, coating the chicken, peppers and onion well with the spices.
- Add the chicken mix in a single layer to the Air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 mins, mixing halfway through the cooking.
- Serve hot with lightly toasted/warm tortillas and other garnish of choice.
- Depending on the size of your Air fryer, you may have to cook in batches. Do not overcrowd the Air fryer.
- Air fryer temperatures vary across different brands, so cooking time may vary slightly.
- Do not slice the vegetables too thin so they don’t overcook .
- Add a bit more fajita seasoning or some red pepper flakes for extra heat.
- The recipe is low carb without the tortillas.
- Make gluten free by using gluten free tortillas.
- You could use air fryer parchment liners for easier clean up.
Leave a Review