Baked Chicken Fajitas are easy to make, loaded with succulent chicken and packed with goodies such as bell peppers, avocado and sour cream. It’s all coated in a rainbow of wonderful spices – so good!
These fajitas are so easy to put together, just one baking sheet needed, quick and delicious! Served with onions and colorful bell pepper strips, as well as the traditional flour (or corn) tortillas for the best dinner in minutes.
How To Baked Chicken Fajitas – Step By Step
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
Chicken Fajita Toppings
- Sour cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheese (you can use a Mexican blend, but you can use Cheddar, Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack)
- Black Beans & Rice
How To Cut Chicken For Fajitas
Use thinner pieces of chicken. If your chicken breasts are thick, you can slice them horizontally, and then cut them into less than ½ inch strips. Freezing them for about 30 minutes before cutting makes it easier to slice. Cut against the grain.
You can store these burritos in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days. You can use these glass meal prep containers to keep food fresh and safe, but any airtight containers will work.
When you’re ready to enjoy your meal, just reheat it in the microwave for 2 minutes and you’re good to go.
I love cilantro but some people don’t. It’s optional but I recommend it as a garnish! Sprinkle with cilantro to taste or serve on the side so that your guests can decide for themselves!
More Top Tips
- Make sure you have fresh citrus for people to use on their fajitas.
- Add some ground cinnamon to the sour cream for an extra kick.
- If serving these to kids, you can soak the onions in cold water for a bit, this takes a bit of the “bite” out of them.
Check Out These Other Delicious Mexican Inspired Dishes
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Mole
- Southwest Chicken Bake
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Salsa Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Chicken Tinga
- White Chicken Enchiladas
Have you tried the best chicken fajitas? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground chili
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup yellow pear cherry tomato
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ sour cream
- 4 8 ” flour tortillas
- Preheat oven at 180C/350F
- Slice red, green, yellow bell peppers and onion
- Crush garlic
- Line a sheet pan with baking paper
- Add sliced bell peppers, onion and crushed garlic
- Add chicken breast
- Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, ground chili, paprika, ginger and salt
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Mix so that chicken and veggies are coated with oil and spices
- Cover sheet pan with aluminum foil
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Carefully remove sheet pan from the oven
- Remove aluminum foil and mix veggies
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes
Chicken fajita assembly:
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds
- Lay warmed tortilla on a plate
- Add cooked peppers, onions and chicken
- Add shredded cheese, 2-3 sliced pear cherry tomatoes, 2-3 avocado slices, 1 tsp sour cream and juice of lime
- Sprinkle cilantro according to taste
- Wrap like a burrito and enjoy!
Leave a Review