This one pan pesto mozzarella chicken is the perfect easy and tasty weeknight meal. Ready to eat in 30 minutes this dinner requires minimal prep and just a few simple ingredients.
When it comes to weeknight family dinners, I’m always after something quick, easy and most importantly, delicious! This sheet pan chicken dinner really hits the spot!
Sheet Pan Meals For The Win!
I love sharing sheet pan meals with you guys, so quick and easy to prep and the results are always so good! You can enjoy this Pesto Mozzarella Chicken on any night of the week, it’s just so easy to throw together. Let’s face it, no one will be able to resist that melty cheese!
Red Pesto Chicken
I like to use sun-dried tomato pesto for this recipe, red pepper pesto also works well. The slight acidity in the tomato pesto cuts through the creamy cheese and really adds a wonderful flavor.
Of course, if you have basil pesto you can use that instead, but if you can, be sure to give the red pesto a go.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Pesto Mozzarella Chicken is best served straight out of the oven. You can prep everything on the sheet pan and keep it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours until you are ready to cook it.
It’s great as leftovers for lunch the next day! Just wrap it tightly and store in the fridge, then microwave for 1-2 minutes when ready to serve.
- Use good quality chicken breast for this recipe. Organic if you can, that hasn’t been raised on antibiotics.
- Be sure to line your sheet pan with foil. This will prevent anything from sticking and it also makes clean up a breeze!
Want to make this GF?
Make this chicken dinner gluten-free by simply omitting the breadcrumbs. Easy peasy.
Sheet Pan Pesto Mozzarella Chicken with Green Beans
- 12 ounces washed and trimmed green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto or red pepper pesto
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese or about 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a small baking sheet with foil.
- Place the green beans on the baking sheet and toss in olive oil and garlic salt. Add in the breadcrumbs and toss to fully coat. Push green beans to one side of the baking sheet.
- Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Season each side with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay chicken breasts on opposite side of the baking sheet, as shown.
- Carefully spread on 1 tablespoon of pesto to each chicken breast.
- Cover each with slice of cheese or shredded cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve and enjoy!