Oven Fried Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a family favorite, making comfort food easy and healthier! This Baked Parmesan Chicken tastes fried but is actually our favorite baked chicken recipe!
Oven Fried Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Who’s ready for all the fried chicken with none of the guilt?!
There’s officially no need to suppress your craving for fried chicken now that you’ve discovered this oven fried parmesan crusted chicken. With all of the flavor of your favorite indulgent meal, you won’t believe this is actually a healthier version.
It’s the perfect easy weeknight dinner idea that the whole family obsess over, and request all the time. They’ll love the taste, and you’ll love knowing you’re sneaking in a nutritious meal disguised as comfort food.
How To Make Oven-Fried Chicken
Baked parmesan chicken is a great beginner friendly recipe! These easy instructions guide you through a stress-free way to get perfectly coated and oven fried chicken.
How To Choose The Right Chicken
For this recipe, when it comes to choosing the type of chicken to use, its really up to you.
You could easily adjust the recipe to accommodate any chicken you want. I used chicken thighs, but you could also use chicken breasts as well.
If you want this recipe to really resemble your favorite fried chicken, try making it with drumsticks. Cook the same way you would the chicken thighs.
Tips For Coating Oven Fried Chicken
- Use a shallow bowl: Be sure to put your wet ingredients in a shallow bowl to make it easier to dip the chicken. A shallow bowl will spread out the mixture so you aren’t getting too much on a single piece.
- Shake off excess: The shallow bowl with help with getting too much excess, but still, be sure to shake off the chicken so it’s not swimming in the wet coating. You want a thin layer, making the chicken just wet enough to allow the dry ingredients to stick.
- Press down firmly: When dipping in the dry ingredients give it a firm press into the mixture to really get everything to stick. If you just lightly dab you’ll end up with bare spots.
Does Baked Fried Chicken Keep Well?
Yes, it does! The chicken can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days making it a great leftover dish.
After time, the parmesan coating will start to get soft, so for best results, I suggest avoiding the microwave when reheating. The best way to reheat is by sticking it back in the oven for a bit to revive that crispy texture.
Just preheat the oven to 400 degrees, place the chicken on a pan and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then enjoy your perfectly reheated oven fried chicken.
What Can I Do With Parmesan Chicken Leftovers?
Use the chicken to add some protein to your dishes. I love adding it to salads, wraps, and pasta to make them a little more filling. Here are a few of my favorites right now.
You could also just eat the chicken as is and switch it up with different sides to make it like a whole new meal. Any one of these would be delicious!
You’ll Love These Recipes Anyone Can Make!
When it comes to cooking, I always look for those simple recipes that allow me to get dinner on the table in no time, and won’t have me setting off every smoke alarm in the house. I love the simple yet delicious dinner recipes that don’t lack in flavor or creativity.
If you’re looking for an array of simple meals that stray outside of your normal routine, be sure to check out these fan favorites that are sure to get you out of any cooking funk you might be in.
- Classic Chicken Salad
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Italian Baked Chicken Meatballs
Oven Fried Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or buttermilk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large boneless/skinless pieces chicken I used thighs, but you can use breasts if preferred
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- fresh oregano and thyme for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray 2 large baking dishes with nonstick spray
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the beaten eggs and heavy cream.
- In another small shallow bowl, stir together the parmesan, bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, coating both sides completely. Shake off excess and then dip into the parmesan mixture, pressing down to fully coat the entire chicken with a thick layer.
- Arrange chicken in prepared baking dishes, making sure they don't touch (if they touch, those sections won't get crispy).
- Pour melted butter over all the chicken.
- Cook for approximately 50 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve garnished with fresh oregano or thyme.