Creamy and flavorful, this 5 ingredient Crockpot ranch chicken recipe is one easy and delicious dump and go recipe. With minimal prep and hands off cooking time, it’s a tasty and simple family dinner that’s sure to satisfy!
Crockpot Chicken with Ranch
We all have those days when we don’t feel like cooking – even me! On those days, more often than not, I reach for my slow cooker.
This ranch chicken recipe has become a family favorite pretty quickly! Simple ingredients that need very little prep, then you can set it to cook and forget about it. The whole family will love it, and I love how effortless it is!
This is such a great go to when you don’t have the time or energy to spend time in the kitchen. You can get a tasty dinner on the table in the easiest possible way!
Be sure to try my Chicken Ranch Wraps and Baked Ranch Chicken too!
Why You’ll Love this Creamy Ranch Chicken:
- Kid friendly: If you have picky eaters in your house, this is a sure fire way to get them to eat their dinner!
- 5 ingredients: This recipe is a great go to for a budget friendly weeknight meal. You’ll likely have most things to hand, or can easily grab them from the store.
- Make ahead: If you are lucky enough to heave leftovers, they will keep well. the whole meal is freezer friendly too.
This crockpot ranch chicken recipe is a great way to make your chicken breasts delicious! Wonderfully flavorful and so easy to make, you’ll see why this has become a firm favorite!
How to Make Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the breasts inside the Crockpot.
- Mix together the soup and ranch mix. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Top with cubes of butter.
- Cook on low.
- Serve with cooked rice.
No, you should never put frozen chicken in the crockpot, as this will put the chicken in the temperature danger zone for too long and could cause food poisoning. Always use fresh or fully thawed chicken. Thaw frozen chicken overnight in the refrigerator before adding it to the crockpot.
I like chicken breasts for this recipe, but you could also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Yes, you can substitute 1½ tablespoons of ranch dressing in place of the dry ranch seasoning packet in this recipe.
I like to use condensed cream of chicken soup, but you could use mushroom or celery if you prefer.
The Crockpot cooks the chicken breasts so perfectly, they come out juicy, tender and delicious. Get one tasty dinner on the table with zero effort!
Store leftover crockpot ranch chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze crockpot ranch chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Make It A Meal
Serve crockpot ranch chicken with cooked white rice or mashed potatoes.
When it comes to easy dinners, you can not beat a dump and go Crockpot recipe! This ranch chicken is flavorful, filling and satisfying and is sure to please the whole family. Be sure to make some up for the freezer!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crockpot Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10.5 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix 1 packet
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cut into cubes (½ stick)
- 3 cups cooked white rice for serving
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts inside.2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soup and ranch mix. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts. Scatter the cubes of butter over the top.10.5 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 ounce ranch dressing mix, ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Close the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with cooked rice.3 cups cooked white rice
- NEVER cook chicken in the crockpot from frozen. Let frozen chicken thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of breasts.
- You can substitute 1½ tablespoons of ranch dressing in place of the dry ranch seasoning
- You can also serve this dish with mashed potatoes.
Leave a Review