Simple, delicious, and indulgent – this easy to make Crockpot Chicken and Gnocchi Soup checks all the right boxes! Soft, pillowy gnocchi mixes perfectly with white meat chicken, veggies, and the most comforting creamy broth.
Creamy Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Sorry, Olive Garden… This homemade chicken gnocchi soup is the best one around! It’s decadently creamy, chock-full of chicken and veggies, and the gnocchi is as soft satisfying as can be. Plus, it’s made in the Crockpot, which can only mean one thing – this is an easy recipe!
This chicken soup is slow cooked to absolute perfection. When made in the Crockpot, all of the ingredients really have time to settle and meld with each other, making the broth deliciously flavorful. Crockpot chicken gnocchi soup is perfect for cold weather, when you just need something warm and comforting to cozy up with.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
- Crockpot: Set it and forget it! That’s the magic of a Crockpot. This easy to make soup is made even easier with the slow cooker.
- Comforting: Nothing quite comforts like a warm, delicious soup on a cold day. Make those dreary winter days better with this hearty, filling, and warm soup.
- Well Rounded: This soup has protein from the white meat chicken, nutrients from the veggies, and carbs from the gnocchi. It’s a great well rounded meal, all in one bowl.
With the smell of this soup filling the house, the whole family will be excited for dinner! It’s impossible to not want to indulge when you smell the cooking chicken, veggies, broth, and gnocchi.
How to make Chicken Gnocchi Soup in a Crockpot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- On top of the chicken, add all of the veggies except for the spinach.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the veggies.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the gnocchi and spinach.
- Whisk the heavy cream and cornstarch together.
- Stir the heavy cream slurry into the soup.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
You sure can! Any brand of slow cooker will do. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can make this soup on your stove top as well. Follow all of the same instructions, making sure that your heat is set to low and you do not remove the lid for the 6 hour cook time.
Heavy cream is the best for the creamy consistency of the soup. However, whole milk will also work just fine in a pinch.
A bowl full of creamy chicken and gnocchi soup is the best way to end your day. This recipe is easy and delicious as can be!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Do NOT peak! Every time you remove the lid from your slow cooker, essential heat escapes, and you’ll need to add a few minutes to your overall cooking time to make up for it.
- Remember to only add the spinach and gnocchi for the final 30 minutes of cooking. Both ingredients will cook quicker than the rest of the soup.
- When it comes to the garlic, I always say that fresh is best. Skip the pre-minced stuff and make the most out of mincing fresh garlic cloves.
The best part is, this soup makes wonderful leftovers and actually reheats very well in the microwave!
Picture this – it’s a cold, dreary day, and you’re also super busy. Avoid a lackluster dinner by making this incredibly hearty, easy, and cozy chicken and gnocchi soup in the Crockpot!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crockpot Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Add the chicken broth to the bottom of your slow cooker. Then, add the chicken breasts. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic on top. Finally, sprinkle over the italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes.4 cups chicken broth, 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, 2 large carrots, 2 stalks celery, 1 small onion, 2 teaspoons dried italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 cloves garlic
- Cook on high for 4 hours (6 hours on low) or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, along with the gnocchi and spinach.16 ounces gnocchi, 1 cup spinach
- Whisk together the heavy cream and cornstarch and add it to the slow cooker. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the gnocchi are soft.¾ cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.