Classic Chicken Salad is the type of recipe every household loves. This Chicken Salad recipe is simple; loaded with chunks of chicken, grapes, herbs, and a creamy base. The best Summer recipe!
Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
Warm weather is upon us, which means bring on all of the backyard parties and the snacks that come with them!
Whether your plans involve chilling in the backyard grilling with your friends and family, or a chill weekend at home, you’re going to want this Classic Chicken Salad to come along for the ride.
This easy recipe is bursting with flavor as you’ve never seen before in your run of the mill chicken salad. Full grapes, dijon mustard, and an array of spices this dish makes for a never fail crowd pleaser. Don’t think you need to just take my word for it. Try it out yourself now!
What’s In A Classic Chicken Salad?
What makes this recipe unique (and the best, in my opinion), is the herbs and spices you add to the mixture. So, be sure to add this list of ingredients to your shopping list to be sure you don’t forget any key spices!
- Cooked chicken meat
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Minced fresh tarragon or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- Herbes de Provence
- Fresh minced chives
- Minced celery
- Grapes halved or quartered
- Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper
Can I Serve It Immediately After Making?
You can definitely serve this/eat it right after mixing up all the ingredients. With that being said, I do typically like to wait at least a few hours to let everything really combine and mix together.
I’d say if you can try to make a batch the night before you want to eat it for the best results. If you really just can’t wait then feel free to dig in immediately!
You can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days before it goes bad.
Chicken Salad – The Perfect Summer Party Dish!
Classic chicken salad is one of my all-time favorite summer party dishes and its one that often gets forgotten. We all love to jump to making macaroni salad and pasta salad, but what about chicken salad?
I think it’s time we bring this fun and easy summer party staple back to the top. So, the next time you have a party to host or attend, make sure this chicken salad recipe is on your list!
It’s easy to make a little or a lot with this recipe, so no matter the party size, you’ll always have enough for everyone!
The Best Ways To Eat A Classic Chicken Salad
There’s really no wrong way to eat chicken salad. With a recipe this good, you could eat it almost any way and it will still be amazing! With that being said, there are a few clear front runners when it comes to how to eat chicken salad.
- As a sandwich: Grab your favorite bread, I highly suggest a good croissant, some lettuce, and tomato and you have a quick and simple lunch. Just whip up some Sweet Potato Chips and a Southern Sweet Tea, and you’ll be good to go!
- With crackers: If you aren’t feeling hungry enough to make this into a full-fledged sandwich, then I have just the solution for you. Scoop some onto a few crackers for a quick little mid-day snack. I love eating it with the everything ritz crackers, they’re really a game changer as far as crackers go.
- Right out of the bowl: This is where the no shame game comes in. I’ll be honest, I sometimes just eat this right out of the bowl with a fork. I’m not even afraid to admit because it’s just that good. So if you’re really just craving chicken salad and have nothing to put it on, just grab your fork and dig in.
What’s The Best To Serve With Chicken Salad Sandwich?
Just like how I said there’s no wrong way to eat chicken salad, the same goes for what to serve with it. It pairs perfectly with some bbq when featured as a side dish, and you’ll love it with fresh roasted veggies if served as a sandwich.
Here are a few of my favorite chicken salad pairings:
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Honey Bacon Glaze
- Oven Braised Short Ribs
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Crunchy Topping
- Kale Caesar Salad
You’ll Love Even More Easy Party Food Recipes
With the summer party season coming up, you can never have too many easy go-to summer recipes in your back pocket. Be sure to keep these recipes in mind whether you need to fill the food table at your next party, or just fill the dinner table during the week.
Chicken Nachos Recipe (Tequila Lime Baked Chicken Nachos)
Chicken Nachos are great for feeding a crowd! This Tequila Lime Baked Chicken Nachos recipe is just AMAZING!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos - Marinated Chicken Tacos Recipe
Marinated Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos are a unique and tasty taco recipe your entire family will love. Corn, chicken, and fresco cheese make these Marinated Chicken Tacos a family favorite.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks feature an easy Homemade BBQ Sauce that is to die for! Everything cooks together in the crock pot and at the end of the day you’re ready to eat!
Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls (Southwest Egg Rolls)
Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are packed with seasoned chicken and veggies, then baked until crispy and golden brown. Southwest Egg Rolls are served with an avocado dipping sauce, which is easy and perfect!
Buffalo Wings Recipe (THE BEST)
This Buffalo Wings Recipe makes some of the BEST Buffalo Wings I’ve ever had. These spicy, deep fried buffalo chicken wings are perfect for tailgating, the Super Bowl, and every day in between!
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (Chicken Sweet Potato Enchiladas)
This HEALTHY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS Recipe (Chicken & Sweet Potato Enchiladas) are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy Mexican night! We love these tasty sweet potato black bean enchiladas and make them on the regular.
A Can’t-Miss Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
You really can’t go wrong with this dish. It’s simple to make and is the best quick snack when you don’t have the time to prepare something new each day.
I love keeping a batch in the refrigerator pretty much at all times so I can snag a little whenever I’m craving some. It’s seriously something to obsess over, and I know you love it just as much as I do.
Be sure to let me know your thoughts once you try out the recipe. I always love hearing from you guys once you try out a recipe, so be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Classic Chicken Salad RecipePrint Rate
- 3 cups cooked chicken meat meat from rotisserie chicken works well
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 cups grapes halved or quartered (depending how large)
- Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- Fresh lettuce
- Mix all ingredients, in a large bowl, until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on croissants or toasted sandwich buns.