This recipe for honey mustard chicken salad is the perfect sandwich filler, or great as a summer side dish. Made with no mayo, this low carb healthier chicken salad is packed full of flavor and is so easy and quick to make. Perfect for easy lunches for the whole family.
Chicken salad is always a classic go to for a sandwich filling, rich, creamy and honestly….not that great for you! I’ve given the humble chicken salad a much needed healthy makeover. I’ve swapped out the mayo for low fat plain yogurt, and the zing of the honey and mustard is simply addicting!
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Add chicken to a large bowl
In a small bowl mix together the greek yogurt, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, honey, salt and black pepper
Add the yogurt honey mustard mixture to the chicken, toss to coat chicken completely
Add onions, walnuts, celery and grapes, toss to combine
Keep chicken salad in the refrigerator and serve cold
How long does chicken salad keep?
This chicken salad will keep covered in the fridge for up to two days. I often make a double batch for easy to grab lunches on busy days. It’s also great if you want to serve this as a side dish at a summer party or barbecue as you can make it the night before. If you can, it’s best to leave the honey mustard chicken salad in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving, to really let those flavors meld.
What can you serve with chicken salad?
This honey mustard chicken salad is a really versatile dish. You can serve it by itself as a side salad, or you can serve it in a sandwich, wrap or croissant. It’s a great recipe to have in your repertoire!
Dietary serving suggestions
- Gluten-free – serve by itself or with gluten free bread or wrap.
- Keto / low carb – serve in a low carb wrap or in a lettuce leaf.
- Diary-free – replace the yogurt with a plant based option.
Honey Mustard Salad Dressing Recipe
The honey and mustard dressing in this chicken salad is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. Two kinds of mustard are used for a depth of flavor, and honey is always a great addition! It coats the chicken wonderfully and every single bite is full of flavor.
Top tips for making Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Use chicken breast for this recipe, you can either buy it pre-cooked or grill or bake your own.
- Use free range / organic chicken that is free from antibiotics.
- Keep it covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- It’s best served after chilling in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Be sure to try these other delicious chicken salad recipes!
Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad by Gin Gimme Delicious
Cranberry Chicken Salad by Fifteen Spatulas
If you have tried this honey mustard chicken salad recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below
Honey Mustard Chicken SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast - cut into inch cubes baked or grilled
- ½ cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup white onion minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts crushed
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup red grapes halved
- Add chicken to a large bowl
- In a small bowl mix together the greek yogurt, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, honey, salt and black pepper
- Add the yogurt honey mustard mixture to the chicken, toss to coat chicken completely
- Add onions, walnuts, celery and grapes, toss to combine
- Keep chicken salad in the refrigerator and serve cold
This post was contributed by Laura from Sprinkles and Sea Salt. Enjoy!