This creamy cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is topped with crispy bacon and is ready to serve in just 30 minutes. Made with just a handful of simple ingredients, this pasta comes together easily and is a perfect comfort food recipe.
What’s in Crack Chicken Pasta?
This recipe is so creamy and cheesy! It uses mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, ranch, and Alfredo sauce for the perfect flavor combination. Grab a fork and dive in!
- Cooked Pasta: I used penne, but you can use any medium-sized pasta noodle.
- Shredded Cooked Chicken: This is the perfect way to use up those leftovers!
- Alfredo Sauce: Use a jar of your favorite brand to save time, or make your own!
- Cream Cheese: Adds richness, creaminess, and a tangy flavor.
- Ranch Dressing: Makes this pasta tangy and herbaceous.
- Cooked Bacon: Adds a salty, umami flavor to the dish.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Makes this dish gooey and cheesy!
Pro Tip: You can use a rotisserie chicken to save time on cooking and shredding chicken before beginning the recipe.
Variations on a Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta
This recipe is so easy to modify to your liking! Simply swap out the ranch dressing for a creamy Italian dressing for a different flavor. You could also swap out the bacon for pancetta or prosciutto or swap the mozzarella for cheddar.
This dish is made from cooked chicken, bacon, and pasta; Alfredo sauce; cream cheese; ranch dressing; and gooey mozzarella cheese.
The chicken added to the pasta needs to be pre-cooked. You can use chicken breasts or thighs, and you can cook the chicken in the oven or Instant Pot and shred it with forks. You can also buy pre-cooked packaged chicken or use rotisserie chicken.
This pasta bake only takes 20 minutes to cook in the oven and that’s because the pasta is pre-cooked. Cook dried pasta according to the instructions on the package and drain. You can use fresh pasta without cooking it first.
This recipe has 29 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
Yes! You can reheat the entire dish in the oven or individual portions in the microwave!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover chicken bacon ranch pasta tightly covered with aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes or in the microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Freeze this chicken bacon ranch pasta bake tightly wrapped in 2 layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Remove the plastic wrap and reheat in a 350°F oven directly from frozen for about 1 hour.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with oil or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, cream cheese, and ranch dressing. Stir to combine.1 pound cooked penne pasta, 2½ cups shredded cooked chicken, 15 ounces Alfredo sauce, 4 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup ranch dressing
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon on top of the mixture.6 slices cooked bacon
- Next, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Optionally, garnish with freshly chopped parsley.Fresh parsley
- You can use any medium sized pasta noodle.
- You can use a rotisserie chicken to save time on cooking and shredding chicken before beginning the recipe.
- Be sure to stir your chicken mixture well to let the cream cheese fully melt before pouring it into your baking pan. This will help make sure all the ingredients are mixed and evenly distributed.
- Leftovers can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the oven.