This baked Broccoli Chicken Alfredo recipe is the answer to your easy weeknight dinner prayers! It’s made with simple and delicious ingredients in just thirty minutes and is sure to satisfy everyone at the dinner table. Make this cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole today!
Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake Recipe
Picture this – it’s a Thursday night and the kids are moody. It was a long day at work for you and a long day at school for them. The week is wearing on everyone in the house, and you need something quick and easy for dinner that has protein, veggies, and is hassle-free. I present to you, broccoli chicken alfredo!
This deliciously simple pasta bake is rich with flavor, oh-so cheesy, and has a great amount of chicken, broccoli, and pasta. Even the pickiest of eaters will gobble the broccoli down, as it’s so flavorful and delicious!
When anything is made with ingredients like garlic powder, mozzarella, cream cheese and so much more, you just know it’s going to be good.
If you want to sneak more vegetables into your diet while still enjoying a delicious meal, then you need to make recipes like Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry, and Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies!
Why You’ll Love this Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Recipe:
- Cheesy: This decadent casserole calls for cream cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella. All cheese lovers will love it!
- It has it all: Protein? Check. Veggies? Check. Carbs? Check. This is a well rounded recipe that you can feel good about serving.
- Filling: No need for side dishes when serving this casserole as your entree, and not just because it’s well rounded, but because it’s incredibly filling too! This is a hearty dinner that will fill everyone’s belly.
How to make Oven Baked Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven and prepare a casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the flour into the melted butter.
- Whisk in half & half.
- Once smooth, stir in the cream cheese and parmesan until melted.
- Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Combine the pasta, broccoli, chicken, and sauce in a large bowl.
- Transfer the combined mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake.
- Broil for the final 2-3 minutes so the mozzarella is bubbly and browned.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
How long will this pasta bake stay fresh?
You can keep any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, you can use the microwave, but it’s best to pop your leftovers back into the oven for just a few minutes, or until heated through.
What kind of chicken should I use?
When making this recipe, I prefer to chop up a baked chicken breast and use that! However, you can also use a shredded rotisserie chicken from the store to save a little time. It all depends on how you’d like the chicken to be prepared.
Can I use another type of pasta?
You sure can! While I like using rotini, you can opt for penne, bowtie, or any other smaller pasta that has a good shape to it. Avoid using longer pastas like spaghetti or linguine.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- It’s best to steam fresh, not frozen broccoli. Freshly steamed broccoli will hold its shape better than frozen.
- Don’t forget to broil the casserole for just a few minutes to get that wonderfully browned mozzarella top! Keep your eye on it as it broils, as it can quickly go from golden browned to burned, though.
- I use unsalted butter, but salted works as well. However, if you use salted butter, I recommend omitting the salt that’s called for from the recipe.
Broccoli chicken alfredo has become one of my absolute favorite weeknight dinners! It’s cheesy and full of protein and broccoli, as well as being quick and easy.
More chicken casserole recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups half & half
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz rotini pasta cooked to al dente (4 ounces)
- 2 cups broccoli florets steamed
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 8 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a casserole or baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Whisk in flour for 1 minute until golden.3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons flour
- Gradually whisk in half & half until sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in cream cheese and Parmesan until melted and incorporated. Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then remove from heat.2 ½ cups half & half, 4 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine pasta, broccoli, chicken, and sauce in a large bowl and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella.12 oz rotini pasta, 2 cups broccoli florets, 2 cups cooked chicken breast, 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes on high until the cheese is bubbly and browned. Serve warm.